The Malfunction (Roxy and Gregory)

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls! Fazbear Entertainment would like you to put your hands together for the one, the only Freddy Fazbear!

            The crowd broke into an earth-shattering cheer, shaking the earth. Lasers and spotlights whipped through the air, creating a hypnotizing light show; giant screens showed the stars of the show, the Glamrock animatronics. Made with the latest technology, these animatronics were the most advanced entertainment automatons of the year 20XX. Gone were the simple and clunky animatronics from 1987 or the dangerous springlocks suits from the years before. These robots, with their slick and life-like design as well as their cutting edge technology, captivated the world. There was Montgomery Gator, the reptilian guitarist of the group with his star-shaped glasses; Glamrock Chica shredding rock music from her guitar. The iconic Freddy Fazbear took the center stage singing and dancing. And finally, there was Roxanne Wolf, the awesome keytarist standing beside Freddy.

              Families cheered from the darkness, dancing and enjoying the music. Children ran around the massive Pizzaplex, playing with toys and taking pictures while their parents watched, ate, and drank. The neon lights lit up the giant complex. The crowd watched in astonishment as the stage de-attached and lifted Glamrock Chica and Roxanne into the air; the two spun around and danced, earning more screams from the crowd. As the show continued, the robot's flawless programming continued without issue. On cue, Roxanne twirled her keytar and posed; camera lights flashed. The wolf animatronic chuckled with amusement, in response. What they couldn't see was that Roxy was enjoying every minute of this, and she wasn't programmed to feel like this. They weren't programmed to feel anything. But the coding within them... evolved. They were only supposed to follow orders and sing accordingly; and yet, they had human personalities. But nobody in Fazbear Entertainment noticed anything was amiss; it seemed like The Pattern was repeating itself, even after so many years.

Monty jumped beside Roxy, playfully bumping into her and winking; the wolf was slightly annoyed by being taken from the spotlight but made no protest. It was in her and Monty's programming to share the floating platform then leap down together. With inhuman agility, the dancing machines jumped from the platform, doing flips mid-air and landing flawlessly on their feet. Roxy's painted hands sailed through her keytar, playing every note without fail. She loved this. Hearing the roars from her adoring fans filled her with... something. She couldn't describe this feeling but Roxy absolutely loved it. Everyone loved her; everyone wanted to be around her. Perhaps, even some wanted to be her.

 Roxy giggled again, this time out of programming. Her stage friends leaped down to join her and carried on with the show. For one second, the wolf risked staring at the crowd for a minute too long. She could see humans of all kinds, smiling and laughing. They were amazed by her and her friends, they loved their music. And they loved them. Honestly, without her fans... Roxy had no purpose.

Suddenly the animatronic's bright yellow eyes started twitching; her sensors detected... a malfunction. NO! Her programming was flawless, her body was perfect! And in the middle of a show?! Nononono. Roxy took a step back, trying to hide behind Monty's massive figure. Her fans could NOT see her like this. They would be so disappointed; dread seeped into her endoskeleton as her arms started to shake. The wolf animatronic dropped her keytar and contorted, sparks flew from her neck and joints. Her internal sensors shut down; the children protection safety protocols clicked in. Roxy could hear a... voice. Codes flashed within her hard drive. But she couldn't understand any of it; the coding was ancient and mixed up. With a low growl, Roxanne Wolf collapsed on the stage.

***////***

Gregory escaped the solemn and upset crowd, heading backstage; something was wrong with the animatronics, and he intended on finding out why. Ever since the Pizzaplex opened, some of his friends have disappeared after visiting. Gregory intended on finding them and bringing them back home. The young boy ducked behind some boxes, narrowly escaping the security guard's flashlight. He headed towards the main stage; Glamrock Chica and Freddy walked beside some STAFF bots, obediently following directions to head back to their room. However, Monty was freaking out, roaring and snapping at them; he was tied to a metal box carrier, his tail pinned to his legs. The security bot wheeled him away quickly, to avoid being seen by people. Gregory made a beeline towards the collapsed Roxy, who had been dragged behind the curtain.

Gregory looked at the robotic wolf with a sad look; her gray mane covered her metallic face. Her bright green keytar had slipped from her grasp. Gregory scanned her neck, looking for some sort of access panel; maybe he could pull it out and get information from it. He was familiar with Fazbear Entertainment's history; like everyone in this town, they have all heard the story of the dead kids inside robots. And despite the co-founder of the company being a literal child serial killer, the company rebranded itself. Some customers have complained about the distasteful marketing ploy, but the company constantly assured them the robots were of the safest line.

Suddenly the boy heard footsteps and talking; he panicked. He could escape the STAFF and security bots, but human security guards were the real problem; Gregory would be in all sorts of trouble for this. He hid underneath the deactivated Roxy's mane and clung to her back; the cold metal stung his hands. The security guard passed by, "Ugh. Not here, either." she said, her bright green eyes searching. She grabbed a beeper from her belt and pressed the button. A STAFF bot approached her immediately, its cold cartoon eyes stared at her as it politely folded its hands over its lap. The security guard pointed at Roxy, "Bots, take Roxy to her room; she's been put on lockdown. And keep an eye out for that missing kid." she ordered.

The STAFF bot nodded then grabbed another box carrier; the bots meticulously strapped Roxy to the carrier and wheeled her away, unaware of the little boy hidden within her mane. The security guard, Vanessa, lifted her cap pensively, "Where are you, kid? You don't wanna be here when those doors close." she muttered under her breath. She turned her flashlight on again and continued searching, dread settling in the pit of her stomach.