Roxy & Gregory: Loading Dock Ending

Finale B: Tactful Retreat

Roxy and Gregory snapped from their daze and went into overdrive, rushing to extinguish the burning inferno in front of them. Gregory ripped the extinguisher from the wall and threw it at Roxanne; she hosed down the roaring flames, covering both Freddy and the race kart in a flame-squelching cloud. The extinguisher clicked as it was empty. The wolf threw it aside, her chest moving up and down with agitation.

She was frightened beyond possible computer understanding.

Gregory was scared and tired.

The prospect that William Afton is alive somewhere in the bowels of the mall was horrifying. The Megaplex wasn't an entertainment center: it was a hunting ground. Roxy looked at the broken body of Freddy. Somehow, Afton managed to survive and took over the complex's security system. This whole place is compromised. They cannot stay here. Their plans to go back for the others were not going to work. From somewhere, Afton was watching their every move; if he could take control of Freddy, he could easily use the others. Easily overtake her. Slowly, she sank to her knees. How long can I fight him off? She thought. How am I fighting him? The others couldn't... It doesn't matter anymore. Roxanne was unsure if she could keep fighting anymore. Her battery was low. Her joints ached and her cooling fans were battling to cool her down.

Roxanne closed her eyes as she feverishly searched her files for an exit. Her connection to the main terminal was still glitchy and confusing, but at least she could access it now. As she did so, Gregory watched her nervously. His head was pounding, her shoulder felt like it was on fire. Just like Roxy, he was in no fighting condition. He truly wanted to save everyone, but he was only human. Gregory needed food, water, and fresh clothes. Maybe even medicine. He leaned against her, slightly startled at her warmth. She suddenly opened her eyes and picked him up, mindful of his shoulder wound.

"W-where are we going?" he asked.

"Out of here."

Gregory's eyes widened. "What about the others? The Pizzaplex?"

Roxanne's eyes glowed as if she were tearing up, "We're going to have to leave them. We can't fight anymore, " she said. "My battery's low, Gregory-"

The human boy tried to wiggle out of her grip, but Roxanne remained firm. She gave him a steely look and continued walking. He kept struggling and fighting with her, but the wolf had an iron grip on him. Gregory grimaced, "What happened to saving your family?!" he yelled. Roxanne put him down and cupped his face, "How can we help them if we're dead?!" she shouted back.

Gregory stomped his feet. "So, we run away?! We're just going to abandon them?!" he snapped, tears streaming down his face.

"Gregory, we are not abandoning them. I would never abandon Chica whom I love!" she said. "I would never abandon Monty who is like a brother to me. And I would never abandon Freddy, who cared for me like a father!"

Her words echoed through the empty hallways and shops of the mall. Her eyes glowed intensely. A deep sadness coursed through her systems. Everything in her screamed at her to stop, go back, and fight Vanny. Take revenge for all the horrible crimes Afton has committed here, not just against her family, but against countless other families. How many kids have disappeared? If she thought about it, her systems would shut down from overstressing. She can't take it anymore. As much as it hurts, Roxanne has to run. She lowered her hands to Gregory's shoulders. "Gregory, we are retreating. Do you know what that means? What it really means?" she asked. Gregory shook his head, never meeting her eyes. Roxy wiped his face, "It means we lost. We can't fight anymore because the enemy was too strong..." she said. It physically hurt to say that word.