Roxy and Gregory (pt. 7)

Artwork by Elixir_Vial! 

A/N: Eyyy, thank you for 400 reads! Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                               Chapter 7: Call For Action

Everything was dark. His head was pounding. Probing around, Gregory felt he was on top of something soft. Slowly, he opened his eyes and realized he was in a room; well, that cannot be right. What he remembered last was waiting in the elevator for Roxy to return; the memory slowly came to him, shortly followed by pure panic.

Gregory got caught.

Vanessa had grabbed him in the elevator, and after that, everything was dark. Wait, did she knock him out?! What the hell? Gregory rubbed his head. Yep, he felt like he got whacked with a flashlight. That was a messed-up action on her part; Vanessa must be on her wit's end. With a groan, Gregory stood up. The room was littered with merchandise and other miscellaneous items; puddles of soda stained the floor. The boy stuck out his tongue, flicking away the sticky substance from his hands; looking down, he realized Vanessa left him on a pile of clothes, garments left behind by past guests.

"Ugh... where am I? What's all this stuff? Roxy? Are you there?"

The youngling dusted off his shirt and stood up; his eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness around him. Gregory spotted his flashlight on the desk; as he reached for it, the monitors suddenly activated.

"AH!"

Gregory jumped back, nearly tripping over his feet. Vanessa's face stood close to the monitor as she angrily looked at him. She crossed her arms across her chest, "I'll bet you think you're real clever, Gregory. Yeah, I know your name. You're in big trouble! This is not the night to be wasting my time. So, you are going to wait right there in Lost and Found until your parents or the police arrive," she ordered.

"I don't think so, crazy lady! I'm getting outta here!" Gregory shouted.

His brown eyes anxiously scanned the room, searching for a way out. Gregory grabbed his supply bag as he spotted a vent; as he searched for a screwdriver, something felt off. The monitors started glitching and fizzling; Vanessa disappeared. In her place stood that strange bunny from earlier; her unnaturally large, red eyes stared at him. No ounce of emotion within them. That horrible glitching effect followed her presence, she also spoke in a distorted voice.

"Are you having fun yet?"

Well, Gregory was most certainly not having any fun. Looking out the door window, he could see the mysterious rabbit woman approaching him, ominously skipping down the hallway. Scrambling to open the grate, he almost dropped his screwdriver as he worked on the vent. The red glitch in his eyes made it difficult to see, and the sound it made also gave him a headache; to make matters worse, the closer the bunny was the more intense it got. Finally, after ten long seconds of struggling, the metal covering came off. Gregory swiftly crawled into the vent, covered it behind him, and continued to make his way. The horrible glitch continued to persist as he crawled through; hopefully, it would fade the farther he caught away from that psychotic hare. His mind was racing just as quickly as his legs. Who was she? Roxy said the mega mall no longer had a rabbit animatronic. But if that is true, who is this?!

Gregory remained in the vent to look at his Faz Watch and pulled up the security camera. He watched as the new threat made their way around the area, creepily skipping through the passageways; she genuinely thought this was a harmless game. Gregory did not want to imagine what she would do to him if she caught him. With the animatronics, his mind was a little more creative, imagining his death, most including dismemberment or getting crushed alive. But with her... The bunny was a woman in a stitched costume. It made everything worse since now he was facing a human. Gregory had no problems beating up animatronics; they could just be rebuilt later. He also kicked Moon in the face with no problem; however, he could not imagine himself hitting another human being. What if... What if push comes to shove and he has to hurt her genuinely? Perhaps even kill her...