Roxy & Gregory (pt. 12)

Chapter 12: Rock N' Roll One Last Time

"I don't like this."

"It's the only plan we've got, Greg."

Roxanne kneeled in front of him, firmly tying his shoelaces. Gregory furrowed his eyebrows, displeasure all over his face. With time running thin, they had to keep moving. If he was being honest, Gregory would rather fight Freddy, Vanny, and her army of robots. Monty is the most unhinged out of all the animatronics; it was difficult to believe his behavior was worse because of the virus taking over his programming. It felt like all the aggression he's pent up was being released tenfold. Gregory looked up at Roxy, "Monty's angry because people still blame him for Bonnie, isn't he?" he asked.

Roxy sighed, "He's more hurt that nobody believes he didn't do it; and unfortunately, the only way he knows how to express himself is to lash out," she replied.

Gregory nodded in understanding. Roxanne put her hands on her hip, "You're all set. Monty has probably been hiding out in Gator Golf," she said. "It's a comfortable place for him."

"So, I just lure him out and have him chase me?"

"Yes. He's not as fast as the rest of us; however, he'll lunge at you if he gets the chance, so keep obstacles between you and him."

The boy took a deep breath and nodded. Roxanne walked as he climbed into her mane; they have been trying to stay hidden as much as possible. The less they get spotted, the less likely Freddy or Vanny will come after them themselves. Vanny's distortion ability hurt Gregory's eyes and it made it difficult to run away; if spotted, Freddy would easily rip them apart. With luck, by taking down their second strongest player, Freddy will stop guarding Vanny and come for them himself; then, they can take him down and save the pizzaplex.

The wolf continued her way into the Atrium, sneaking between photo booths and chairs. Now and then, she would throw something over her shoulder; the bots would hear the crash and go after it, giving them a clear path. Finding Gator Golf was not challenging. Monty's Gator Golf had a large, neon green sign with plants and floating golf clubs. Roxanne walked past it and headed towards the main entrance; the entrance bot stopped her, asking for a Party Pass. In a swift movement, Roxy jumped on it and bit into its neck, ripping off the wiring connecting its head. The wolf moved the decommissioned bot away from her with her foot, "I don't have time for that crap," she said.

"That was awesome!" said Gregory.

Roxanne smiled and smugly laughed through her nose. She forced the door open and entered the golf course. Monty's Gator Golf was a large area, roughly the size of a gymnasium with dense vegetation and a pond with giant lily pads; ambient sounds of alligators, cicadas, and other animals echoed through the golf course. The main colors were purple and green, just like the attraction's mascot. Overhead, a message played through the intercom. It was Monty's Southern-accented voice that said, "Welcome to Monty's Gator Golf! Home of the Hurricane-In-One! We're currently closed for the night, come back soon!"

Roxanne hid behind some cut-outs. Gregory climbed out of her hair, then pulled out his flashlight. "Where am I leading him again?" he asked.

Roxanne kneeled to his level. "You see that metal scaffolding above? That catwalk leads to the Hurricane bucket. If you can lead him up there, I'll meet you and we'll trap him on the flying cart ride." She explained.

"And if we get there before you?"

Roxy hesitated then replied, "Use the Hurricane Bucket to crush him... if you must."