Roxy and Gregory (pt. 6)

Chapter 6: Caught

1:15 AM

Gregory slowly walked through the Mexican-themed restaurant with apprehension; trumpets and violins played from the speakers. The area smelled like refried beans and ground beef, making his stomach twist; maybe he'd nick a burrito or something before he escaped. Yeah, Greg was optimistic he would get out of here. In such a huge place, there's bound to be more exits; besides, the alternative would be to tough out the night and stay till the door opens in over 4 hours. And the young boy was, unfortunately, prepared for that; knowing his luck, that was the best thing to do so.

The boy crouched past a cleaning bot and walked through the shutter door. The arcade was dark with glowing stars on the floor; deactivated games sat in rows. Photo booths littered the room; security bots patrolled the extensive gaming area, flashlights in hand. Gregory hid behind a gaming machine as his watch beeped. Roxy's pixelated image appeared, "Good job, Gregory. You made it to the East Arcade; you can get to the Prize Corner through the security office. Find a door with a security badge symbol." she said.

Gregory nodded and waded his way through the arcade, sticking close to the walk; he could hear the heavy footsteps of an animatronic. Actually... two animatronics. He peeked over a pillar and gulped. Freddy stomped by, absolutely fuming. Snarls built up in his maw and his blue claws were out. Roxy walked beside him, arms crossed and ears down. The band leader narrowed his eyes, "What the hell is going on, Roxy?" he asked. "You've had Gregory in the palm of your hands!"

Roxy snarled. "I'm trying! Kid's been cheating all night, climbing into vents and getting into back rooms!" she snapped.

"It's like he has access to the camera. And how is he getting security clearance?!" Freddy's voice rose.

"He got a security badge in the Daycare. Vanessa must've been using it as bait."

"Four fully-operational automatons with highly-advanced AI fail to capture ONE blasted child?! A legion of security bots has barely gotten a glimpse of him. Care to explain that?"

Roxy stopped and put her hands on her hips. "What are you trying to get at, Freddy?" she asked defensively.

Suddenly Freddy slammed her against the pillar, causing it to crack as he shoved his forearm against her throat. The gray wolf screamed and clawed at his arms, sparks flying as her metal fingernails scratched him. Freddy slammed her head into the pillar, once. Twice. Roxy pushed him away with her foot, but he didn't let go. "If I find out you're helping him, I'll send you to Parts and Service myself," he growled. "You're all expendable; get it through your head."

He threw Roxanne against the arcade cabinets and walked away. Gregory held back an angry roar; he wanted to curse Freddy out, to shove him off his high horse. Just because he was the famous Freddy Fazbear didn't mean he got away with anything; hell, he isn't even the first Freddy Fazbear! There have been dozens before! Unlike him, who was nothing more than a copy and paste animatronic, Roxanne was completely new and unique; she was a brand new face in the popular Megamall. Gregory gritted his teeth: he hated him. He wanted to send him to Parts and Service; to see how he likes it. Freddy has to go.

Gregory watched as Roxanne slowly got up, rubbing her head; part of her arm was gone, revealing the wiring and endoskeleton. The little boy snuck between the cabinets until he reached her, gently tugging her tail; without looking, she put a hand on his head. Her amber-colored eyes glared in the direction Freddy walked. Gregory gripped her side tightly, feeling rage boil within him. Angry tears rolled down his face, he hated not being able to protect Roxy. It wasn't fair! He was too small to fight him... all he could do was watch as she was slowly being ripped apart...