Roxy and Gregory (pt. 4)

Chapter 4: Cornered

Roxanne followed after Chica as the other patrolled the main entrance. The wolf flexed her claws, "Chica, are you sure this is right?"

Chica cocked her head to the side, "Roxanne, we have a lost boy in our hands! Vanessa says we have to find him." she replied with zero emotion.

"B-but the kid left. He made it to the doors," she lied.

"That's not what Vanessa says. Freddy and Monty last saw him by the booths, after the shutters closed."

Roxanne slightly scolded herself. Out of all of her friends, she was hoping she could get Chica on her side; however, the chicken wasn't budging. She was hellbent on finding Gregory, searching everywhere she could think of. Thankfully, Gregory was doing a great job at hiding. Roxy could see him through the walls, crouching and avoiding the security bots; last she checked on him he was in Glamrock Gifts. Roxy looked around the area. Freddy was behind the Faz Pad and she had no clue where Monty was, which concerned her. He was a loose cannon, no ounce of reasoning would go through his thick head. In fact... All of them were like that. They were not acting like themselves.

Freddy was cold and heartless. Mean even. And Freddy was the nicest, goofiest guy around; however, he was not sharing a shred of sympathy. There was a gleam of bloodthirst under his gaze, something that was unnatural in this situation. Glamrock Freddy would never, ever be like that towards a child, let alone a child that just got locked in the pizzaplex after hours. Honestly, Freddy would be as freaked out as a human father who just lost his child.

Chica's usual bubbly and energetic was replaced by an unsettling hunger; she was searching for Gregory as if he was a pack of Monty Mystery Mix. And Monty was completely unhinged; it is true Monty has a bad temper, but this was extreme even for him. He was on full rampage mode, destroying bots, jumping on booths and railings. Several times, he's even snapped at Freddy and the two have come to blows! To think, Freddy would ever harm his bandmate was absurd. Roxanne's tail drooped. She missed her friends. She missed her family.

"Roxanne, see anything through the walls?" asked Chica.

Roxanne pretended to check her surroundings. "No. He's not here," she lied.

Chica clucked with annoyance, "Maybe he's in the food court! He must be hungry." replied Chica.

Roxanne absentmindedly nodded. The food court was in the opposite direction of Glamrock Gifts and on a completely different floor; one less threat for Gregory. Chica looked at her strangely, "Are you coming?"

"I-I'm gonna stay on this floor for a while. He could come back." said Roxy.

Chica shrugged and waddled away. Roxanne frowned. Her friends seemed to be falling apart, they were filthy and cracked; Roxanne was too. She felt like something was draining her. If Roxy hadn't managed to override the Safe Mode protocol, she would have to recharge every hour and that would get annoying quickly. However... What was draining them? What in the hell was making her friends act like murderous animals? Furthermore, Roxanne had no idea why she wasn't hunting Gregory. Perhaps, the emergency Safe Mode had somehow protected her from that malicious code. Whatever the case, she had to find the source and destroy it. Roxy did not want to hurt her friends, but if Gregory was in danger... She was not going to hesitate.

"Roxy, I need your help."

Roxy touched her ear, "Go on, Gregory. I'm listening," she said.

Gregory shuffled on the other side, "I got some Comp Passes and this ticket thingy. Is it useful?"