Roxy & Gregory (pt. 8)

Chapter 8: Formulating a Plan

Panic coursed through Gregory like wildfire, his heart jack-hammered within his ribcage; his breathing was erratic, coming out in gasps rather than deep breaths. The alarm blared on, deafening to his ears. Gregory feverishly looked around, searching for anything that he could use to barricade the doors or somewhere to escape; he did not notice the looming threats shown on the monitors. Freddy and Monty stomped towards him, walking down the long hallway. The boy frantically pressed buttons, hoping one of them would turn off the alarm. It all proved to be in vain as none of the buttons seemed to be active. Once again, he was in danger's suffocating grasp. What could he do this time?! Two of the strongest animatronics were at his door. He had nothing to defend himself with, nobody to help him. Roxy would not get here in time, and Gregory could not bear seeing her get ripped apart-

"Gregory!"

The familiar, smooth voice of Roxy snapped him from his stupor. He looked at a monitor and saw Roxy madly waving at him. The wolf touched her ear, "Gregory! You see those buttons next to the door?!"

"Y-yeah..."

"USE THEM! They'll give the others an electric shock and should keep them away for a bit! I'm on my way, just hang on!"

Gregory rushed to the doors, locking eyes with the glowing green button. He watched as Roxy sprinted through a back hallway, busting through doors like they were nothing; even in her tattered condition, she was determined to keep him safe.

BAM!

Gregory shrieked as a heavy object slammed against the door, threatening to buckle the door frame. A glance at the television showed Monty pounding his fists against the door; Freddy walked past him, seemingly heading towards the other door. Gregory punched the shock button, sighing with relief as Monty jumped back and yelped in surprise. The boy dashed to the other and waited for Freddy to reach the door; as the bear got ready to body slam the door, he received a powerful jolt of electricity. The band lead groaned, "Ugh! Bitch..." Gregory didn't even react at hearing Glamrock Freddy swear; he was too busy keeping Monty from banging on the door again.

Time seemed to slow down. Gregory fell into survival mode, running between the doors, shocking the animatronics, and keeping an eye on Roxy's location. Sweat ran down his face; he was panting at this point from all the running. He wanted to stop and catch his breath, but he refused; if he stopped, it gave the animatronics time to weaken the doors. There is no way a door could withstand the full strength of a bloodthirsty, 700+ pound animatronic.

"Come on, Roxy... I'm running out of time," he whispered under his breath.

He pressed the button again, causing Monty to jump back; the alligator stomped his foot and hurled a flurry of curses at Gregory. The boy giggled a bit, finding it comical that an animatronic was throwing a temper tantrum; perhaps he was losing his mind due to exhaustion. Suddenly his FazWatch beeped. He shocked Freddy one more time before dashing to the grate on the floor. To his immense relief, Roxy stood below with a bright smile on her face. Funnily enough, her mane of grey hair was fixed up. You have to look awesome during a rescue mission. Gregory quickly unscrewed the grate and dropped down into the safety of the wolf's arms. Roxanne laughed and spun around, hugging Gregory; her tail wagged uncontrollably. She momentarily put the boy down and jumped up to slide the grate back into place.

***////***

The heavy security doors buckled and groaned under the pressure, moving out of their frames. Blue, razor-sharp claws forced their way into the door and ripped the lock mechanism from its place; five seconds later, Montgomery Gator slammed his shoulder into the door, causing it to collapse in front of him. Freddy shoved him aside, "Gregory!" he shouted.