Roxy and Gregory (pt. 2)

Chapter 2: The Winning Duo

Credit: Artwork by Elixir_Vial

System Rebooting......

............

............

Hard Drive Systems operational...........

............

............

Charge Cycle incomplete......................

............

............

Activating AI consciousness

Time: 11:00 PM

Roxy's bright yellow eyes slowly opened; the clicking of her mechanical body startled her ears. She audibly groaned, pushing the green strand of hair from her face. Roxy stared at her reflection, shocked she was back in her room. That's odd, her memory cortex didn't have a file of the show's ending. Her internal sensors came up with a malfunction. Roxy touched her face, "The recharge cycle is not complete. What's going on?" she said to herself. Something in her room squeaked

Roxy's ears twitched, "I heard that. Who's there? Come out!" she said.

"SHH! Do you have to be so loud?" a voice asked.

"Where are you? I can't see you."

Something in her mane moved; a boy jumped out of her hair and landed on the carpeted floor. Roxanne frowned, "Ah! My hair! My hair is not a play area, pup." she growled, grabbing the boy's arm. A bright yellow light scanned his face. The boy yanked his arm away; Roxy towered over him, "Hmm... Weird. You're not in my guest profile. Who are you?"

The boy cowered, "M-my name is Gregory." he said.

Roxy crossed her arms and jutted her hip, "Well, Gregory. My internal clock says the closing is in an hour; I gotta notify the office about this." she said, tapping her temple.

"NO! Please don't do that."

"Huh? My connection is offline; I am being blocked from the main network." Roxy said, completely ignoring the boy.

Gregory pointed to her window, "It was her! She cut you off. She's not going to stop until she finds me."

"Listen, kid. If your mother is looking for you, I need to get ya to her," she said.

Gregory scowled at her, "No, it's not that. The security guard is looking for me, she sent the others to hunt me down!"

Roxanne gently pushed him aside and looked out the window; one of the security officers walked by, searching the area with her flashlight. Through the walls, she could see the movements of security bots; how strange. There were more bots than normal. Roxy pulled the curtain closed, "There's a security officer right there. I'll take you to her." she said.

Gregory grabbed her tail, "N-no, p-please. I don't trust her! She's trying to get me, and I'm scared." he whispered.

"All right, watch the fur. I could get you to the main entrance, but there isn't much time," she said. "I can't open the door from this side, you'll have to let me out."

She looked around, analyzing the structure of her decorated room; right above her mirror dresser was a vent. Roxanne's chest cavity opened, revealing a purple present box; she grabbed the box and gave it to Gregory, "Here. Inside is a novelty FazWatch, I'll use it to check up on you. Consider yourself lucky; those novelty watches are for Platinum guests only." she said.