Imagine: If Johnny was Pony - Part 3

Part 3 of 4...

When I woke up I was staring down at a plate of some kind.I could see my reflection in it.Burns were all over my face and neck.I groaned.My chest and part of my back hurt.I couldn't feel anything from the waste down.THe doctors probably just numbed where the burns were really bad.I tried to move but I couldnt.I started to panic.Was I paralized?I tried to move again.No movement.I could only move my arms.It hurt but I managed to push myself up to get a better look around the room.No one was in here.I was in a hospital room.
"NURSE!," I yelled.Not knowing what else to say or do.A nurse ran in.She looked at me shocked.
"Oh no Ponyboy, you need to lay down, you shouldn't be moving like that..i'm surprised you can move like that tho," the nurse said, helping me lay back down.
"It hurts like hell tho," I said, gritting my teeth from the pain.The nurse explain everything to me.I remember the fire.I just wanted to know what was wrong with me.She said if I survived, ya that's the thing I wanna hear right now, I would be paralized from the middle of my back down, and I have 3rd degree burns.I started to cry.I didn't know what else to do.I wish I never ran out of the house when Darry hit me.And none of this would have happened.The biggest thing that the nurse said that stuck with me was if...If I survive.I could die.Im not ready to die.There still so much I wanna do and see.I cant die.What will Darry and Soda do.And the gang.I started crying harder.The gang, Johnny Dally!What happened to them!Are they okay?Oh I hope they're ok.The nurse left me alone in the room before I could ask about Johnny and Dally.I cried until I managed to uncomfortably fall asleep.
I was woken up by someone gently shaking me.I turned my head to see the same nurse.
"Ponyboy, there's some people here to see you," she said.I smiled.Finally.
"Ok," I said.
"We will let them in two at a time ok," she said.I slowly painfully nodded.Before they let the visitors in the nurse and a doctor helped me lay on my back so I could see the people who came to see me.The door opened.Darry and Soda walked in.I started to cry just seeing them.Darry was crying, and Soda was bawling.Soda walked to one side of the bed while Darry went to the other.
"Hey honey, how ya doing?," Soda asked.His voice cracked.He stroked my hair, and moved it so it wasn't near my eyes and on my forehead anymore.
"Hi Soda, im ok, considering this," I said quietly.I hadn't realized how quiet my voice was until now.He smiled.I looked over at Darry.He smiled, even tho he was crying.I didn't think Darry would be crying.But he was.I could tell he was on the edge of bursting out in tears.
"Hey bud, we missed you," he said.He pulled a chair next to the bed.And sat down.So did Sodapop.
"I missed you guys too," I said. "Do you know what happened to Dally and Johnny?,".
"Yeah, Johnnys alright, Dally hurt his arm from getting you out of the church but he's alright now," Darry said.I nodded.A wave of relief rain over me.I sighed.
"The nurse said I could die," I said, and I burst into more tears. "I don't wanna die,".Soda started crying harder.Darry cried more too.
"Oh common, you're not gonna die...you can't die," Darry said.Soda laid his head on the side of the bed.He was a mess.I wanted to hug him so badly.
"Soda come here," I said.He looked up.I slowly put up my arms.He got up and hugged me very carefully.I wrapped my arms around him.We hugged for a good 5 minutes.Then me and Darry hugged for about the same amount of time.
"We better let everyone else come in and see ya," Darry said.Soda nodded.
"I..I love you guys," I said.They both smiled.
"I love you too Pone," Soda said.He ran out of the room, balling.
"I love you Ponyboy," Darry said.Tears stained his face.He went to walk out but I stopped him when I started talking.
"Darry...thank you, thank you for everything...I know we got into our little arguments and things but thank you," I said.He smiled and walked out.I know they were staying at the hospital, they just had to leave the room until everyone else was done visiting.The door opened again and Steve and Two Bit walked in.
"Hey superhero!," Steve yelled.I could see he was sad, but he tried to act happy.I smiled.
"Hi Steve," I said.THey each sat down on one side of the bed (in the chairs).
"Hey Pony, how ya doing," Two Bit said.
"Hey, i'm the best I can be," I said.He nodded.He masked his sadness with his big smile.We sat there and talked for awhile before we said our proper goodbyes and they left.I loved em.But I couldn't say it.I don't know why.Next Johnny and Dally walked in.I almost jumped out of the bed.
"Hey buddy," Dally said.
"Hey Pone," Johnny said, tears in his eyes.
"Hi guys, you guys okay," I said.They both laughed.
"Yeah we're fine, are you okay man, you shouldn't be worried about us," Johnny said.I smiled.
"I know, i can't help it tho, im ok tho, best i can be in this situation," I said.They nodded.
"There's gonna be a rumble tonight...we're finally gonna beat it out with the socs," Dally said.I sighed.Fighting won't do anything, even if they do win.But it's how things are.
"Oh, ok," I said.I didn't know what else to say.We sat in silence for a second.
"I...I dont wanna die guys, i'm too young, i don't wanna leave you all," I said.As i started to cry.
"Ponyboy stop man, you're not gonna die, it's gonna be alright," Johnny said.Tears running down his face.Dally just looked down.
"Dally can you get me a book down in the giftshop, called Gone with the wind," I said.He nodded.He got up and left the room.Me and Johnny talked like it was a regular day.Dally came back with the book and gave it to me.I smiled.
"Thanks," I said.He nodded...