Curtis sister imagine: Cancer - Part 1

Y/n: 28 - single - still lives at home while - is in college - works as a assistant nurse in a local hospital
Soda: 28 (Y/ns twin) - lives with his gf, Brooke - still works at the DX
Ponyboy: 25 - still lives at home - also in college - single - works at the Dingo (for now)
Darry: 31 - lives in same house - married to Natalie (planning on having kids soon) - same job, Natalie is a doctor

This was a request, a very good one in fact...hope the person who requested it and the rest of you like it :)
Please note that I have no idea what kind of cancer treatment they had on the 60s, so if I'm wrong I'm sorry.

I walked out of the hospital I work at.Im a assistant nurse because I haven't graduated college yet, it's like a payed internship.Im studying cancer, which means after I graduate, i will go on to be a doctor, who takes care of patients that possibly have cancer, which also means i can see the signs of someone having any kind of cancer.I got into my car and started driving home.Sodapop was coming over for dinner tonight, since Brooke had work.I was so excited to see him, I see my other brothers everyday, but sometimes I only see him once every two weeks.Which kills me, considering he's my twin, and we were together our whole lives!
When I walked in the house I slipped my shoes off and put my bag on the side of the couch.When I walked into the kitchen I saw Soda drinking a glass of chocolate milk.I smiled.He saw me and put his glass down.He threw his arms open and I ran to him.We hugged.We both had huge smiles, so did Darry as he watched.
"How ya doin little bro!?!," I said when we stopped hugging.I was born 3 minutes before him.
"Good, and your not older!Were twins!," he said.I laughed and shrugged. "How's school?,".
"Stressful, but good," I said.He nodded.Natalie, Darrys wife was in the dining room setting the table.I walked in and took the plates out of her hands, she smiled.
"Thanks hun," she said when I started placing them.I smiled and nodded.After I set the table I walked into the living room, expecting to see Pony on the couch.But he wasn't there.
"Where's Ponyboy?," I asked.
"He came home from school early...he said he was really tired and weak...and he had a bad cough," Darry said. "So he went into his room to lay down...it's probably just a cold tho,".I walked down the hall to Ponys room.A million thoughts went threw my head.He rarely gets sick.Going into the medical field im going into, it's hard not to think of the worst possible explanations.When I walked into his room he layed in his bed.His eyes closed.I walked over to his bed and sat on the edge.I moved his hair off his forehead.He opened his eyes.
"Hey buddy, how ya feeling?," I asked, concerned.He smiled.I knew he saw how concerned I was.
"I...Im ok," he said.I could tell he was having trouble taking big breaths.His voice was deeper than usual.
"No you're not..common...tell me what you're feeling, what's going on," I asked, being the overprotective big sister I am.
"Um, i'm tired, my body hurts, my chest hurts when I cough or take a big...breath....Darry keeps giving me cough medicine but my cough keeps getting worse," Pony said.Pony grabbed his blanket and put it over him his mouth as he coughed.When he took the blanket off his mouth the white fabric was stained red.I looked at him seriously.Considering how much he smokes, he could have lung cancer.
"DARRY!SODA!NATALIE!GET IN HERE NOW!," I yelled.Pony sighed, but the breath made him cough.Darry, Soda, and Natalie ran into the room.
"What!?!," Darry asked.They all immediately saw the red stain on the blanket in Ponys hand.
"We have to get him to the hospital right now...he might have lung cancer," I said.My voice cracked as I said it.I was terrified.

Tell me what y'all think!