2

Theo held both babies in his arms as they drifted off into sleep. He had wrapped them in his own blanket since the two that had been left with them were wet from the rain.

The next morning, he woke up to both toddlers still in his arms. He gazed over their features; black hair, light tan skin. And when he saw their eyes that night, he noticed that they were bright green.

He noticed his phone on the front console. He carefully moved one of the toddlers to lay across his thigh as he reached forward to grab his cellphone. He smiled triumphantly when he finally held it in his hand.

Theo set his phone beside him as he lifted one of the children onto the seat beside him. He moved the other one right beside it. He covered them securely with the blanket before grabbing the phone again.

He dialed the number of the person he trusted most.

"Theo?"

"Liam, I need your help." Theo said quietly.

Liam's voice changed from sleepy and groggy to alarmed and worried. "What's wrong? Are you okay? Where are you?"

Theo let out a whispery laugh and said, "Don't worry. I'm safe but I just need some help with something." He glanced at the toddlers. "Can I come to your place?"

Liam immediately agrees.

Theo hangs up and sits up. He looks closer at the babies, noticing something on one of the babies. There's a pocket on the black onesie of one of the babies.

Theo also notes how a small piece of paper was sticking out. He plucked it out and read what seemed to be a letter:

Dear Theo,
You probably don't remember me or anything about me. But it's not like you knew much anyway. I was always secretive.
But the point is, my name is Sara Howard and we met quite a few years ago. Back then, I was still figuring myself out. But now I know everything. But that may be too much.
I met a man. His name is Eli Castro. And I was drawn to him in a way only someone like us would know.
You see, Theo, I saw my death before it happened. And that is why I brought my children to you.
Their names are Lily and Leo. They were born eleven months ago.
Theo, please promise me that no matter what happens, under no circumstances may my children get in the hands of their father, Eli.
He's completely mad, just insane.
I'm sorry to inconvenience you, but you're all I have left. You're all Lily and Leo have left.
Love, Sara.

Theo did remember Sara. They met before Theo was back in Beacon Hills. She was one of the most kind people Theo had ever met. She was naive but brave. Theo missed her. But now he had two reminders of her.

But there was something about the letter that seemed strange. If Sara had been a banshee like she had claimed, then why would she be drawn to this Eli guy? Why was he special? What is a banshee attached to?