14

Beep
Beep
Beep

"Theo," A gravelly voice mumbles to the sleeping boy.

Theo's eyes open slowly, trying to adjust to the bright lights. He looks around, trying to find the source of who called his name. The only one in the room is...

"Liam!" Theo jumps from the chair and rushes to the hospital bed that Liam had been laying on unconscious for days. Theo grabs Liam's face as tears fill his eyes. He starts speaking quickly, "Oh my god! You're awake! I thought you were dead! You were dead for awhile! And-"

Liam moves himself up to kiss Theo, successfully shutting up the frantic chimera. Liam pulls away slowly and laid his head back down comfortably.

"Calm down." Liam soothes, "What happened?"

Theo takes a deep breath and recaps, "After we defeated Eli, I led everyone back to you. Scott sat with you while Derek and Malia went to call an ambulance and make sure they found us. Scott ride with you in the ambulance and Stiles drove me right after."

"Wait," Liam interrupts, "Stiles let you in his jeep?"

Theo laughs softly, "Yeah uh, I guess after that fight he finally saw that I am serious about the pack, and about you." Liam blushes, "Anyway so Melissa made sure she took over your case. She had Argent and Deakin on speaker phone as they walked her through how to make sure you didn't die. And a couple times you almost did."

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Being Theo." Liam smiles weakly and states, "You're the person that I need. You're always there for me. Ready to fight with me, argue with me, die for me, love me..." Liam pauses, staring into Theo's eyes, "I love you Theo Raeken."

"I love you too Liam Dunbar." Theo and Liam kiss again, but it's more sweet and passionate.

"Wait!" Liam says as he pulls away. "Are the twins okay?"

Theo smiles and sits up from where he was leaning over Liam, "Yeah, they're down the hall. Melissa was looking them over to make sure they're healthy." Liam sighs in relief. "Wanna go see them?"

Theo and Liam enter the room that Lily and Leo are with Melissa, Scott, Lydia, and Parrish. Liam is leaning completely against Theo as he pulls the monitor attached to him behind him.

Scott glances away from the toddlers when he hears the doors open. He stands straighter and exclaims, "Woah, Liam you shouldn't be up!"

Liam argues, "No no, I'm fine. I wanted to see them." Scott sighs and glances at how Theo was holding onto Liam, keeping him from falling.

Parrish looks to Theo and then to Melissa before he speaks, "I don't know what kind of abilities they'll have at this age. But I'd be careful. I have a feeling they're harmless though."

"For the most part." Lydia cuts in. She looks at Parrish. "They're harmless for the most part."

Theo nods, "Okay thanks. Is there any way I could keep the supernatural part of them from overtaking them?"

Lydia breaks in, confused, "Wait are you actually thinking about keeping these kids? Theo you're 18! You didn't even finish high school!"

Theo glares, "They were in-trusted to me. I'm supposed to keep them safe and that's what I'm going to do."

Lydia looks to Scott for his approval. Scott looks at the twins, at Lydia, then at Theo. He speaks the final word, "Theo will be their guardian. We'll get him legal custody of the kids. But, we will all look after the kids. They needed all our help and we gave it. But they might not be out of danger yet."

The group nods, taking a moment to let the statement settle in. Parrish is the first to say something, "I'll look into their mother and see if she had a proper will."

Theo smiles, "Thank you. Thanks all of you!"

Liam finds his way to standing by himself as Theo goes to hold the twins. They giggle in his arms and hug him tightly.

Maybe Theo Raeken could be a good dad.
Time will tell.