3

"Theo!" Liam exclaimed as the chimera finally came through the front door. "Theo...?" He said after spotting the now awake toddlers. "Oh my god! Did you kidnap these babies?"

Liam hurried to grab them both from Theo's arms. He cradled them and bounced them as he observed their faces.

Theo explained, "I didn't kidnap them!" He paused, "I think they're like in my custody now. Like legally..."

Theo went on to explain everything to Liam. Liam eventually let his guard down and gave both toddlers back to Theo, knowing the chimera wasn't lying.

"What do we do?" Liam asks.

Theo shrugs, suddenly hearing Liam's mom pull into the driveway. "We need to go to your room."

Liam nods and leads Theo to his bedroom. They sit on the bed and Theo lays both babies onto the soft sheets.

"Theo," Liam starts, "Now that you have two more people to care for, I think you should probably just stay here. With me..." Theo raises a brow. "I mean," Liam adds quickly. "You can have the guest room. And we can figure all of this out together. You shouldn't do this alone. You're just a teenager. Please let me help."

Liam takes Theo's hand, looking at him with seriousness. Theo hesitates, glancing between their hands and Liam's face.

"Really? You want to help?" Theo mumbles, "Me?" Liam nods. Theo tears up and moves forward to hug Liam. Liam hugs back, smiling into Theo's shoulder.

"We will make it work." Liam says quietly. "I promise."