5

"Shhh, it's okay." Liam mumbles to baby Leo as he bounces the crying boy on his hip. "Please stop crying." He begged.

Theo watched amusedly from Liam's bed as he bottle fed Lily. Theo shook his head, "Okay, come here." He said with a sigh.

Liam brings the restless toddler to Theo, watching as Theo set Lily on the middle of the bed. Liam passes Leo to Theo and watches as Theo easily rocks the boy to calm him down.

Liam watches Theo with admiration and love in his eyes. "How is it so easy for you? I would expect you to hate children!"

"Well," Theo starts as he looks away from Leo. "Me and Tara used to babysit our cousins back before..." Theo frowned as he stared at the ground in shame.

He suddenly felt Liam's hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, Theo. It wasn't your fault. You were young and naive." Liam told him, sympathetically. "You're a good guy now." Theo smiled at Liam appreciatively. Liam glanced at Lily, lifting her into his arms. "But these two need kid stuff. So you should come to the store with me."

Theo carried Lily and Liam carried Leo as they strolled around a clothes store. They were in the kids section, strolling around to find clothes for the twins. Liam's mom had given them money for shopping after she heard the story.

"Uh, Theo? Your kid stinks." Liam mumbles as he eyes Leo.

Theo smiles, "Okay, I'll take him to the bathroom and change him. Your mom showed me how, so I think I got it." He traded Lily for Leo and walked away to the bathroom.

Liam wandered around the store with Lily on his hip. He walked past the toy section, which he quickly found was a mistake.

Lily reached out her hands for a stuff animal when Liam walked past a basket of them. Liam tried to ignore her grabby hands but Lily started tearing up.

Before Liam could make a move, Lily burst out sobbing.

"No no no! Shhh, it's okay." Liam attempted to soothe. He looked all around, hoping no one would notice him. He groaned, "Okay, fine!"

Liam grabbed the stuff animal Lily had wanted. A light pink unicorn, no bigger than his palm.

Lily immediately stopped crying and held onto the unicorn tightly. Liam sighed in relief, until he heard...

"Liam? What are you doing here?"

Liam slowly turned around, coming face to face with someone that could probably tell the whole town about Theo and Liam's secret.

"Um, hey Stiles!" Liam awkwardly smiles.

Stiles looks him up and down, eyes lingering on the toddler in his arm. "So... who is that?" Stiles pointed at Lily with a raised eyebrow.

Liam glanced at the little girl. He hesitated, "This? Oh well this is my niece."

Stiles bit his lip, stepping closer to Liam. He mumbled after looking around, "Liam, I know for a fact that you don't have any siblings. Not half or step. So how could you possibly have a niece? Who's kid is this?"

Liam silently cursed Stiles FBI skills. He turned and started walking to the cashier. He pulled out his wallet to pay for the stuff animal as he spoke to Stiles, "Okay fine. She's a friend's. He couldn't watch her at the moment so I had to step in. I swear it's the truth." And technically, it was.

Stiles nodded slowly. "Okay, I believe you. But I don't trust you. There's something you aren't telling me."

Liam gulped, turning back to Stiles. Over the man's shoulder, he saw Theo with Leo. The chimera was watching with a worried expression. Liam tilted his head to the side a bit to signal Theo to leave the store. Theo obeyed and took Leo outside.

"Look," Liam started. "If I thought that there was a reason to tell you everything, than I would." Liam smiles, "It's okay. You know I tell Scott everything he needs to know. If something comes up, I'll tell you guys. I promise."