13

Liam and Corey rush down the hallway, holding the twins tightly. They turn multiple corners to try to find their way to the exit. Liam uses his super hearing to make sure Eli isn't in the directions they are going.

"Liam!" Corey halts his steps as he called Liam's name. "The doors..."

Liam looked ahead of Corey and saw that the exit doors were blocked off by a pile of desks.

"Oh god," Liam mumbles. He looks around the hallway, wildly. "We have to turn back."

"What? Eli's back there! Theo told us to leave!" Corey argues.

Liam nods and starts walking as he tries to convince the chimera. "I know. But there's no where to go this way.

"Theo! Where are you?" Eli calls out in a singsong voice.

Theo stands against the wall of the classroom Eli is right outside of. He breathes slowly as he can hear the hellhound slow his pace. Theo moves to the doorway and peeks outside but Eli wasn't out there. Theo breathes out and turns around.

Theo suddenly gets slammed through the wall of the classroom and hits the ground of the hallway. Eli steps through the hole in the wall and stares down at the chimera.

Theo pulls himself up slowly, spitting out blood. "Oh hey. Didn't see you there." He struggles to say.

Before Theo can stand up, Eli sends a harsh kick to Theo's stomach. Theo immediately falls to his side, clutching his stomach in pain. Eli stares down at him, examining the teen. "So," he starts, "You're the one that stole my children from me? But you're just a child."

Theo manages to stand up. He wipes the blood off of his chin and spits out, "I didn't steal them. They're better off with me, you psychopath!"

Eli growls and steps toward Theo, flames igniting off of his body. Theo brings out his claws, showing his gold eyes as he prepares for a fight.

Corey and Liam race down the hallway as they try to find an exit that isn't blocked. They stop running when they come to the doors leading to the courtyard. And like all of the other external doors, they're burned shut.

"Goddammit!" Liam shouts. He kicks the door but nothing he could do would break it.

"Liam!" Corey hisses, "Quiet! Eli's going to hear you!"

Liam glances down the hallway that leads directly to the classroom they left Theo in. He says, "We only have one way to go."

Corey shakes his head, adjusting the child on his hip. "We can't! Stop worrying about Theo! He told us to get the twins out and that's what we're going to do!"

A roar breaks outs down the hallway. They both recognize it as Theo's howl. Howl of pain? Howl for help? They couldn't tell.

Liam looks back at Corey, an apologetic look in his eye. Liam states, "I'm sorry, but you're going to save the twins."

Liam hands Leo to Corey and he takes off down the hallway, toward Theo.

Theo's body bursts through the doors of the library after Eli threw him. Theo stands up and tries to run but hands grab him, lifting him in the air before slamming him down onto a table, cracking it in half.

Theo groans in pain and crawls off the scraps of the table. Eli watches him as he attempts to get away. Eli's boot stops Theo from crawling after the hellhound stomped on Theo's back.

Eli huffs out a breath, "As much as I like seeing you suffer, I'm getting tired of it. Where are my children?" The walls seem to shake at his yelling.