10

Theo waits anxiously as the pack arrives. The twins are still in his arms as he sits on the couch next to Liam. Scott had assured them that he would try his best to convince the pack to help them.

"Ready?" Scott asks. "They're coming up the sidewalk."

Theo and Liam nod. Liam's hand finds its way onto Theo's thigh for comfort.

Scott opens the front door, welcoming the pack inside. Stiles looks at him then to the two on the couch, "What's this about? What was so urgent?" His eyes drift to the sleeping children, "Um who is that?"

Scott leads the group farther into the house. He gestures at Theo, "Theo came to me and told me something that not only put him in danger but put two innocent kids in trouble." Scott paused letting the pack take in what he was saying, "Some of you may not believe it, but Theo has changed. If he hadn't, would he be letting two kids sleep on his lap?"

Mason interrupted, "Wait, what are you talking about? What's going on?"

Liam stood up, "What he's saying is Theo needs your help. We need your help!"

Stiles interrupted, "Why would we help Theo? For all we know those kids aren't his?"

Liam groaned, "Why are you always so difficult, Stiles?"

"Isn't that the same kid you were with at the store?" Stiles asked. "You lied to me! Theo really has gotten to you hasn't he?" Stiles' voice was raised to almost shout.

Lily started crying in Theo's lap as she was suddenly woken up by Stiles. He struggled to quiet her down without waking Leo.

Theo kept his eyes on Lily as he said, "Liam." Liam knew what he meant with only one word.

Liam hurried to pick up Leo from Theo's lap. Theo immediately held Lily closer and stood up. He moved his whole body to rock her to quiet her. He looked at Stiles and reasoned, "You don't have to trust me. I don't care if you do but just believe me when I say that these kids are important to me. And I need your help to make sure they're safe. Please Stiles. We all know that most of the pack will follow Scott, but not all of them do. They follow you too. They trust you and your judgement. So please Stiles, please help us."

The pack waited in anticipation as Stiles kept quiet. Lily had quieted down again, deciding to suck on her thumb.

Stiles nodded slowly, "Okay, we'll help you."