Home Sweet Home

Luz had forgotten the feeling of going through the portal, she could only describe it as a feeling of a soft fluffy blanket of light being wrapped around her body making the moment feel surreal. There was turning back but that made it seem like she would be running away and she didn't want that. Yet there she was her heart racing like it would burst out of her own rib cage, a lump forming in her throat. Why does this feel longer? Maybe it was because she was thinking about it too much.

   "Eda!" Luz shouted as she officially made it through.

   She screamed as the wall grew closer to her and she slammed on the brakes just before there could be a collision. The girl chuckled nervously but her hands still gripped the break until she parked it and pulled the key out.

   "I wasn't expecting it to open in the house." Luz chuckled and turned around, pulling off her helmet.

   She took in her surroundings again, the memories of living in the Owl house replaying in speed causing her heart to flutter at the fond memories and those memories that weren't the greatest yet they still held special places in her heart because they helped her realize who she really was and taught her to never change for anyone.
   Her eyes stopped when she saw the dark haired lady sitting on the couch book in hand, her fingers gripping at the cover and end, her eyes widened with fear and shock.

   "Lilith!" Luz exclaimed excitedly.

   "Luz? Is that really you?" Lilith set her book down and walked over.

   "In the flesh." Luz smiled and hugged her. "Where are Eda and my favorite little demon?"

   Lilith grimaced. "Working the shop as usual."

   Luz could feel the blood in her body bubbling but the kind of bubbling as to when you open a carbonated drink, excitement tingled over her skin. An even bigger smile grew over her lips.

   "You can go." Lilith said and Luz saw the corner of her lip curl into a smile.

   "I'll be back later!" Teen girl hopped on her motorcycle and put on her helmet.

   Lilith watched as the girl sat in place perfectly balanced on the human machinery, she found the human more rare than she ever has even more so when the girl turned her covered head in her direction and lifted it to reveal a smile and she pointed to the closed door. The older witch sighed and pulled open the door allowing the contraption and the girl to race forward and out of the house, the gust of wind forcing the door to close.

   "LUZ!!"  The girl came to a halt on her motorcycle and slowly turned to see Hooty with a grin. "I thought I heard your voice!"

   "H-Hi Hooty." Luz forced a smile.

   "Sooo! How've you been?" He sang.

   "Oh well I—"

   "It's been sooo long since I've seen you around here!" He cut me off.

   "Well yeah I mo—"

   "I remember the first time you were here and you had to find out so many things from Eda!" He continued. "That was sooo fun, I'm glad you're back!"
"Uh, glad to be—"

   "You've gotten so tall!" He announced getting louder, if that was even possible. "I've bet you've changed so much! Do you still like—"

   "I gotta go Hooty!" She said and sped down the trail.

   Luz clutched onto the gas and tried to take a deep breath as she raced through the trail, she was thinking about what the magically annoying owl was going to say and although she would have face the facts sooner or later she chose to face them later, as late as possible because she didn't want to be hurt all over again even if it was her fault. She still hated herself for what she did to Amity.
   She closed her eyes for a split second which was a big mistake, two screams rang as the girl on the contraption clutched on the brakes and jerked at the handles to steer away from the citizen, only now she rolled down the side of the small hill. The pounding was still there and her body began to tremble but that was one of the smaller problems as she felt the world begin to tilt to the left. She was too shocked to process what was happening and suddenly she was on the ground with the motorcycle still beneath her.