Audition

After breakfast that morning and catching up with everyone in the house, Luz went up to her room and got dressed in her typical apparel, a white and purple striped shirt, jeans, a green jacket, and a red beanie over her short hair, fixing it to her liking.

   She picked up the keys and walked out of her bedroom, down the stairs and out the front door. She leaned on her bike as she pulled her phone out to check the time, half an hour until her audition was set to take place. She wondered where it would take place, Boscha was kind of secretive about the thing, at least how she described it, just saying that their practice place was somewhere in the woods behind the Owl House.

   The girl looked around for a moment, mainly just taking in the surroundings. She wondered exactly how far it was and if Eda knew about it. She wondered so much about the band like how that sort of group came together, what happened to Boscha, what happened between her and Willow, why the twins were in a band with the pink haired witch and not their own sister. Those questions that couldn’t be answered until she went to her audition.

   “Morning, Luz!” She looked over to see Willow walking over.

   “Morning Willow.” Luz smiled as the witch stood in front of her.

   “How are you settling back in?”

   “Great, nothing has really changed since I left. The only things that have changed are what I changed as I got unpacked.”

   “That’s good.” She smiled. “Do you feel at home yet? Vee told us what was happening and we were excited for you to come back.”

   “I was excited to be back! I always felt like this was my real home, so it didn’t cross my mind.”

   Willow nodded as she touched the handles of the human vehicle, the bike that Luz was leaning on, she looked curious so the human had explained it to her.

   “So, you’re really in Boscha’s band?”

   “Yeah.” Luz lied.

   “Just watch out for her.” Willow warned.

   “What’s wrong with Boscha, I thought she was better now. When I left we were on good terms or at least better terms.”

   “Just be careful Luz.”

   Without another word Willow turned and walked away, pulling out a cigarette, lighting it up. She didn’t even look back to explain anything to the human who was just confused as to why it suddenly felt tense.

   “Hey, human.” She slightly jumped looking back to see it was Boscha.

   “Oh hey, Boscha.” Luz smiled. “Please don’t sneak up on me like that… How did you do that?”

   “Doesn’t matter.” She brushed it off. “So do you have an instrument?”

   “Not with me.”

   “You can borrow one I guess. We do need a lead guitarist.” 

   “Great! So let’s go.” Luz hopped on her bike and picked up her helmet putting it on and happily held the spare for the witch. She looked up at Boscha who had a disgusted look on her face. “What? It’s clean.”

   “You want me to get on the thing that almost killed me yesterday?” Boscha crossed her arms. “No.”

   “Whaa? It’s not that bad, trust me! Get on.”

   “No!”

   “Please!”

   “Luz!”