The Rebellion

Boscha and her band were called backstage to start getting set up. They picked up their instruments, Viney picked up her drumsticks and made sure everyone was ready.

"Hey, Luz, are you okay?" Viney asked the girl.

"Yeah, just a bit nervous." Luz replied.

"Nervous of what? After those guys before us?" Boscha asked as she adjusted the strap over her shoulder. "If we don't win then we'll know we were at least better than them. They sucked."

"You would know." They looked up to see Willow.

"Yeah, I'm an expert after hearing you practice." Boscha replied without looking at her. "Came to wish us luck?"

"Yeah, you're gonna need it."

Boscha glared at her for the comment and everyone felt the tension between them.

"Thanks." Luz cut into the conversation, managing to squeeze in between Boscha and Willow. A nervous smile on her face. "We are gonna need it since I'm new to the band."

Boscha looked at Luz, shocked that she had stood up for her. Willow rolled her eyes but decided to drop it for the moment, mostly because it was Luz.

"We're going on." Viney says.

Boacha stops Willow "You should introduce us." Boacha smirked.

"Ew no." Willow replied.

"Oh right you're too immature."

"You're one to talk." Everyone looked at Amity, shocked she had even said something. "You were immature all of freshman year."

"And that's when you got soft." Boscha glared at Amity.

The room fell silent.

"Sh-She didn't mean that." Luz says quickly after recovering.

Amity locked eyes with the human. "You don't have to stick up for her! She treated you like trash!"

"At least she hasn't been ignoring me since the moment I got back." Luz said unable to stop herself once she got started.

"Hey! What's holding up the line?" Clotts walked over making them all jump. "Amity, get out there."

They were silent once again, the air thick with tension. Clotts walked away letting them go. Willow and Gus wished their friend good luck even though the tension was heavy.

"See you after the show." Luz smiled at her friends and smiled over at Amity who just turned around to walk out on stage.

They all followed and took their places on stage. "All right everyone! We have our next band about to play. Let's give a round of applause to The Rebellion! Here's their lead singer Boscha!"

Amity hid her distaste very well as she handed the microphone to Boscha.

Boscha had been looking at Luz, now was the perfect moment for her.

"Hi." Boscha spoke with a slight sarcastic tone as she grabbed the microphone. "I'm Boscha and yes I'm the lead singer but Luz wrote a song that we'll be playing first."

She slightly turned her head over to Luz and sent her a wink. Luz looked at her with an embarrassed and shocked look, not expecting to be put on the spot right away.

She walked over and took the microphone, she was hit with the bright spotlights and that blinded her. She could barely see the crowd and she liked that because she was nervous.