A Million Years Ago

The first hour of the sleepover was spent with Luz teaching the group how to play Uno, the next thirty minutes were spent with Boscha trying to convince Edric that Luz was cheating with some human magic.
   After the game that Boscha ended, Edric suggested they start making the cookies. The cookies were made with ingredients from the human world and the demon realm, Luz not knowing if it looked appetizing, she was kind of glad Boscha wasn’t allowing them to taste the batter. The treats were almost done in the oven.

   Ding.

   “Cookies are done.” Edric announced.

   Boscha pulled them out, the cookies being hot pink and lumpy, it looked like it had chocolate chips but Luz didn’t remember putting in chocolate chips at least not as much that she could currently see.

   “Let them cool off a bit.” Boscha said. “Where are those two, Viney should have already dragged Emira here,”

   As if that was a cue, a knock came from the front door that Hooty instantly opened.

   “You miss me that much, Boscha?” Emira asked with a smirk.

   “You’re half an hour late.” Boscha told her. “Where were you two?”

   “Emira was out when I got to her place so I had to go look for her.” Viney told them.

   “Mmm it smells great in here.” Emira sniffed the air that did smell better than how the cookies looked in Luz’s opinion. “Ooo you guys made cookies.”

   “Not for you.” Boscha told her. “It’s only for the people who actually got to the sleepover early and put in the work.”

   Emira laughed and harshly smacked Boscha’s back. “You’re funny Bosh.”

   “Don’t call me that.” Boscha said with a disgusted and unpleasant look.

   “They’re cold enough.” Edric picks up a cookie and takes a bite out of it. “Mmm these are great!”

   “Mmm better than I would have thought.” Viney said and Boscha nodded with agreement.

  Luz took this as a good sign. She grabbed a cookie, took a bite out of it and chewed it but the taste wasn’t as good as everyone was making it out to be. But they all looked at her and she faked a smile to convince them that she too liked them.

   “This shit— Bleeeh!” Luz threw up on the tray of cookies and the others all backed away with disgust.

   Luz sat on the couch with a bucket, Viney rubbing her back while the other three stayed as far away as possible.

   “Are you done?” Viney asked.

   “Yeah.” Luz replied sickly. “You guys tried to poison me.”

   “No we didn’t.”

   “First you blackmail me to join your band and now you tried to kill me.”

   “That’s not true, you’re a great asset to the band.”

   She rested back and glared at the other three.

   “Are you okay?” Viney asked.

   “I’m fine.” Luz gagged but held back.

   “Let’s get out of here, let the place air out for a bit.” Boscha said, heading towards the door. “Come on, we need to get ready for the battle of the bands.”

➵ ➵ ➵

   The group had made it back to their rehearsal spot each picking up their instruments. Luz looked around and saw the guitar sitting in its guitar stand, she smiled to herself appreciating that they had already set it up.