Sleepover

Luz walked down the stairs being woken up by King and Hooty, she also woke up because Eda was working on a potion with Lilith. The bottle sat over the burner with a blue-ish, purplish liquid bubbling inside.

   “Is it supposed to be bubbling like that?” Eda pointed to the potion.

   “Well, no, not that much.” Lilith answered.

   “Hit the deck!” The Owl lady grabbed Luz and protected her as the bottle exploded.

   The house filled with smoke causing everyone to start coughing, the smoke clearing up as Hooty opened the door and windows. Luz looked around to see the blue liquid had covered most of the furniture.

   “I thought you said you knew what you were doing!” Eda stood up.

   “I do.” Lilith stood up. “I told you we needed that one ingredient.”

   Luz watched as the two argued, though she hoped they would leave so she could have the house for the sleepover. The human had still planned to ask but it was so much better if the two witches were gone.
   As she thought about how she would ask, she watched as Eda was going to end the argument.

   “Shut up, Lily.” Eda cut off her sister and turned to Luz. “Anyways kid, you came at a bad time. We’re actually gonna be gone until Monday.”

   “That’s great!” They all looked at her.

   “Great?”

   “No, I mean… well I was thinking… um…” Luz rambled. “I was going to ask if I could have the house for a sleepover.”

   “Sleepover?”

   “You know, get together with friends.” She began to explain. “They stay the whole night and leave in the morning. You eat all kinds of junk food and play all kinds of games and stuff.”

   “Which friends?” Eda asked.

   “Boscha, Emira, Edric, and Viney.”

   “I hate teens but since we’ll undoubtedly be gone for the whole weekend, I guess it’s okay.” The owl lady replied.

   “Thanks Eda!” Luz hugged her. “You two have fun!”

   Luz ran upstairs to her room getting her own sleeping bag down from her storage, she was excited at the thoughts of having a sleepover. Though she did still wonder if Boscha really liked her as a friend or if it was just to get back at Willow for some reason.
   As she thought more about it, she really couldn’t help but wonder what had gone on between the two witches.

   “Luz! We’re leaving!” King called up the stairs.

   “Oh! Okay bye!” She called.

   She heard the door close and by then she had already made it down the stairs, taking in that she was alone, aside from Hooty.
   She took in her surroundings and had decided that they would spend all their time in the living room of the house since the kitchen was right there and the bathroom was in the hall. She had decided to start getting everything ready.

➵ ➵ ➵

   After two hours of going to the store, buying snacks and things, setting up the place and creating the list of things they could do, Luz stood in the middle of the room with her hands on her hips. She took in her work.

   “They'll be here any minute now.” Luz looked down to her wrist at her non-existent watch.

   As if on cue she heard Hooty’ voice, muffled on the other side of the door. She excitedly opened the door but to her surprise no one was there.