Fair Game

Amity announced group after group, the bands all played their songs for the audience. After everyone had played, there was a thirty minute break while they discussed their winner.

   Luz sat with her own band, at a table, in the center sat a plate stacked with sandwiches, all had been cut into triangles halves. They also each got their own drinks so they enjoyed the waiting experience.

   “I could get used to this.” Edric kicked his feet up but Emira pushed them off. “I really have a good feeling about this.”

   “Yeah, we were killer out there.” Emira picked up a sandwich. Viney nodded with agreement.

   “We were amazing.” Boscha sipped her drink nonchalantly.  

   Luz smiled but on the inside she was very nervous. She loved that they were confident with their own performance, she thought they did great but she didn’t feel as confident.

   Finally the time had gone by and they watched as Clotts walked out on stage followed by Amity, Gus, and Willow.

   “All right everyone, I just want to thank all the bands that came out today.” Clotts says. “I also want to thank everyone that came out to listen and hope you’ll come back and support the winners.”

   They cheered and clapped. “Now, here’s Amity with her band The Venomous Abominations!” More clapping filled the room.

   “I also want to thank all the participants today and congratulate everyone.” Amity spoke. “Now will these three bands come up, The Isles, H and M, and The Rebellion.”

   All the bands walked up to the stage. Luz looked over at the other other band, they were a heavy metal band, wearing black and chains, their faces covered in heavy black and white makeup. She thought they looked really cool.

   “In third place we have H&M.” A few people clapped as Hunter and Matt walked up to collect their prize. “A voucher for a free meal.”

   “Thanks.” Hunter took the slip of paper. “Wait this only for one meal.”

   “Let’s hear it for H&M!!!” Amity pushed Hunter and Matt away with a smile. “In second place. The Rebellion!”

   A lot more people clapped and cheered for the band but Boscha’s face clearly dropped. Luz pulled her over as they collected their own prize, Amity handing it to Boscha.

   “Second place?” Boscha asked.

   “They get a gift basket with a few items.” Amity told them.

   Willow walked over and smirked. “Filled with The Venomous Abomination merch which you can exclusively get here in shop or on our website.”

   “You’re promoting your stupid merch?” Boscha whispered.

   “Yeah. Obviously.” Willow threw the t-shirt over Boscha’s head. “Let’s hear it for The Rebellion!!”

   The five walked off stage, Viney and Luz pulling Boscha off stage as she tried to yell that competition was rigged. But people were clapping and cheering for the other band and not paying attention to the furious witch.

   Boscha shook off Luz and the other witch glaring back at the stage.

   “We’re too good for this place anyways!” Boscha yelled. “Come on, let's go.”

   Luz looked back at the stage at Amity who was still clapping and announcing that The Isles were going to play their first official song.

   “Uh, I’ll be out in a minute.” Luz told her friends and walked over to the stage. “Amity.. we need to talk.”