Opening Night

Luz was bobbing her head to the sound of the music playing from her headphones as she moped. It had been a few days since she and Boscha worked on the set list and wrote an amazing song, one that really brought Boscha out more with her feelings.

   The last days have been hectic at The Dragon Claw, Merlin had asked for a recording of the band, especially because construction was falling back, finally it was Sunday afternoon and Luz eagerly kept glancing at her watch as the hours ticked by, waiting until the place would be filled with customers. She had high hopes for the night, going as far as hanging flyers up everywhere just to advertise the place.

   Everyone was currently working, they had opened earlier that day, the music was only a way to draw in a crowd.

   “Luz!” Called Boscha as she walked in with the others, pulling in their equipment.

   “Hey guys!” Luz waved them over. “You can set up over there.” Luz said, pointing at the stage. 

   The band walked over to the stage to start setting up.

   Willow looked at her watch as she was sittin on the couch waiting for Amity to finish getting ready so they could go pick Gus up and go to watch their friend perform.

   “Amity, we have to go!” She called through the warehouse.

   “Okay! Let’s go.” Amity rushed past but Willow caught a glimpse of the dark and concealing outfit the witch was wearing.

   “Woah!” She caught her by the scarf she was wearing, pulling her up as she smirked. “I didn’t know it was a costume party!”

   Amity’s face quickly turned red with embarrassment. “I don’t want to make Luz uncomfortable.”

   “So you’re gonna ruin her show by holding a comedy act?” Willow chuckled.

   “This is my normal outfit.” Amity spoke. “I would wear this on a regular day to day basis.”

   Willow placed her arm around her shoulder and guided the purple haired witch out the door. “Fine, then let’s just go.”

   They walked out and into the car, as they drove, Willow partly dreaded it.

↞ ↞ ↞

   “Please, come.” Luz begged her friend. “As one of my best friends, please!”

   Willow really didn’t want to see Boscha, she didn’t want the witch to think she was there to support her but she did want to support Luz, who was currently on her knees begging for her to be there.

   “Why did you have to join her band?” Willow muttered and inhaled her cigarette. “I’ll go and I’ll bring Gus with me.”

   “That’s great! I already invited him.” Luz smiled.

↠ ↠ ↠

   “Why did you invite me?” Amity asked, breaking the silence. “Luz doesn’t even want to see me after the battle of the bands.”

   Willow looked over at her and smiled. “As one of my best friends, I should be able to rely on you to be there for me as I am for you.”

   Amity pouted. “Still…”

   “I don’t want to look at Boscha, so whatever I do, don’t let me stare at her for too long.”

   “Got it.”

   The two nodded and high fived to signify their agreement. 

   They picked Gus up and drove to the Dragon Claw. Willow and Gus walked ahead taking in the new bar, the lot was filled with a few carts and motorcycles parked out.