The First Show

Luz drove into the crowded market, slowing down the speed of the bike to such a slow pace to the point where she could have been walking, yet that didn't have much effect in spoiling the excitement she felt, just the thought of Eda and King almost made her grip onto the gas but self control kept her from ripping down the street.
   She pulled up to the stand, not being as crowded as she last remembered but that was good for her because that meant she would have time with the witch and King. She poked her head in seeing not only Eda and King but she also saw Willow and Gus all of them looked different, except for Eda whose only difference was that she was slightly older.

   "Luz?" Her eyes shifted back to the green haired witch.

   “Willow.” A smile pulled at her lips.

   “Luz!” They rushed into a group hug. “You’re back!”

   The arms wrapped around her and tears pricked at the corner of her eyes an overwhelming amount of emotion flooded her body as she was crowded by her old friends.

   “I missed you guys!” She finally said with a sigh of relief.

   It had felt like years since they last saw each other, it felt even longer since they held each other. Luz didn’t want to let go, no one did, after almost three years of not seeing each other, no one knew what an appropriate amount of time they should take for their hugging reunion.

   “Uh hey can I—”

   “No, we're closed!” Eda answered the potential customer and used magic to take away the item he was holding. “Oh Kid, you should have called.”

   “Called how?” Luz chuckled and wiped at the tears that only glossed her eyes. “I’m so happy to be back.”

   “We missed you!” Willow pulled away to get a look at the human.

   Luz gasped to see how different her friend had looked, it wasn’t a big change but it also was in her head. Maybe it was just the new hair cut or the new confidence that the witch radiated.

   “Luz.”

   “Huh?” She looked at Gus.

   “Do you want to go to the owl house?” He repeated again with a smile.

   “Well, I just left there so I’m not really sure.” She replied looking at the younger boy who slightly towered over her. “You’re so tall now!”

   “Luuuz!!!” King squealed.

   “My favorite pet!” She picked him up. “Everyone is taller than when I left.”

   The group sat in the tent catching up on everything they could, sometimes talking over each other, Gus especially listened because Luz was talking about all the human stuff.

   “A band?” Luz repeated.

  “Yeah, we have a show tonight, you should come watch us!” Gus smiled. “We have to perform a new song! Come to practice with us and we can go together! Oh you can see Amity and the twins before the show!”

   “Amity.” Luz said the name felt strange coming from her. “Oh, I think I’ll pass, I have to unpack and clean up the mess I made back at the owl house.”

   “I think you should go.” Eda said. “It’s your first time back in a few years.”

   Luz looked over at her friends who were practically begging with their eyes for her to go see their show. She didn’t want to see Amity that way, she wanted to be alone with the girl but couldn’t really tell the others that.