Types of Authors

When we read a book, it's not often that we focus on the authors. In fact, I rarely focused on the author.

That is, of course, until I read My Immortal.

For those who don't know, My Immortal is this Harry Potter fanfiction. It's still on Fanfiction, posted by some blessed individual who wanted to archive it and all its glory. It's an interesting story that combines elements of Twilight into Harry Potter, with some very fascinating characterisation, and a very gothic setting.

But the author. They were something else.

What do I mean? Well. This was one of their author's notes at the beginning of chapter seven:

wel ok guyz im only writting dis cuz I got 5 god reviuws. n BTW I wont rite da nxt chapter til I git TIN god vons! STO FLAMING OR ILL REPORT U! Evony isn't a Marie Sue ok she isn't perfect SHES A SATANITS! n she has problemz shes depressed 4 godz sake!

I wish I was kidding. If you'd like the link to the story, send me a message. I've got you.

Sometimes, the authors are just more iconic than the story! Which leads me into...

TYPES OF AUTHORS [ON WATTPAD]!

I'm going to keep each one short, because there are lots to go through!

The Celebrity.

This one is the one everyone knows. Their stories have fans printing their stories out, binding them and sleeping with the pages beneath the pillows. They have millions of followers, get people flocking onto their page when they send a message on their message board, and their stories are super popular!

Pretty easy to find them. You know you've found them if you leave criticism in the comments, and have all seven million fans threaten to call the cops.

The Experimentalist.

This one writes... really interesting stories. And when I say interesting, I mean, a romance between Percy Jackson and a Rubix Cube. I'm talking about the roots of the trees being the main character of the story, and going on a self-discovery mission to save the rainforest. I'm talking about a murder-mystery where the murderer is a pillow case.

Really weird, whacky, and strange things. I kind of love it!

...But, sometimes, I definitely question it. Especially when it's an Elsa x Obama romance.

The One-Hit Wonder.

This person has one book that is super, super famous. Then, their other books just have... seven reads in total?

They have that one book that just took off, skyrocketed to Mars, built a colony there, created a terrible economy but also managed to cure poverty anyways. Meanwhile, their other books got into a rocket ship and then realised that no one else was there with them.

It makes me sad, because I suppose we all wish that the popularity of one book managed to slide into all our others.

But hey! Who writes stories for popularity, anyways?

Oh, right.

All of us.

Moving on!

The Cliffh....

You're reading a story. It's pretty captivating. It's about the Scooby Doo gang, and they're pulling the mask off the villain. It looks like:

He removes the mask. And then he sees the face of...

Then, that's it. We have to see who, on the next chapter.