Chapter 1.

Your POV

I jolt up to the sound of pans falling downstairs. Fuck, not again. I think to myself knowing my parents are fighting. I throw my covers off and get out of bed, putting on sweats that were laying on the floor. (Outfit in photo)

I begin to cautiously walk downstairs before my father targets me. As I walk down the steps I pick something lodged in my bare feet and toss it aside , still trying to make it downstairs.

I make it to the last step and see my mother huddled in the corner while my father hovers over her screaming at the top of his lungs.

"What the fuck are you doing, Jerry?" I yell at my dad. His head snaps to me standing at the bottom of the stairs. He stands up away from my mother.

"What did you say, you ignorant little whore?" He spits.

"Leave her the fuck alone!" I yell right back.

My mother crawls away as fast as she can and runs upstairs leaving me with the shit spitting horse in the kitchen.

He grabs one of the pans that had been thrown around on the ground and starts running after me like a maniac.

"You're fucking crazy," I yell starting to sprint up the stairs. "And drunk!" I add.

I quickly run to my room before he could come in and push a shelf against the door after locking it.

I don't know where my mom crawled to but I was hoping she had escaped already. I couldn't go back for her now.

Jerry starts banging on the door and telling me to open the fuck up or he'll burn the whole house down.

As fast as I can I grab an old book bag and pack a few shirts, jeans, bras and underwear. I figure I'll only need these shoes and socks for a while.

I put on a jacket since it's fall and quickly pull on some shoes before he busts the door down.

"I'm giving you thirty fucking seconds before I barge in and Kill you!" He yells through the door.

The last thing I grab is an emergency $200. I knew something like this would happen sooner or later.

I jump straight up at the sound of him trying to now break down the door.

I hurriedly look around the room to see if I missed anything which to my appeal I didn't.

He starts hitting the door harder making the dresser slide away.

My skin crawls at the thought of him catching me.

I grab my bed sheet and tie some knots in it. I push my bed by the window and open the window. I tie one end of the sheet to the back of my bed so I can get out and push the other end out the window. The sheet is short so I make it half way out before falling into a small bush under the window.

I give a small sigh as he busts down the door. I step out of the bush and back up enough to look up at the window to see him looking out.

"I'm gonna fucking kill you!" He screams. I'm pretty sure the neighbors heard that.

I flip him off. "Fuck you, old man." I say for the last time I'll ever see him.

He runs away from the window meaning he's about to run outside. I quickly run off as far as I can ready to start my new life.