Chapter 3.

Carls POV ( IKR Finally, I'm sorry.)

I wake up to the sound of Fiona. "Kiiiiids!" She yells multiple times.

I rub my eyes and jump down from the top bunk. I am greeted by Ian just waking up as well. We have a 5 second staring contest and it is soon broken by us sprinting to the bathroom. He gets in before me and I automatically hear the show turn on.

"Dick." I yell through the door.

I walk downstairs and see Debbie at the table feeding Liam and Fiona making left over waffles.

"Todays the first day of ninth grade, kiddo." She says with a big smile.

I stick my tongue out at her and walk to the bathroom. I lock the door behind me and pull down my boxers to take a piss.

I pull up my boxers and wash my hands quickly and walk out.

"Ew! Carl!" Debbie says taking a big sniff.

"I'd take a shower but Ian's currently hogging all the damn water." I say.

Ian walks down the stairs fully dressed. "You said my name?"

I walk up to him and punch him in the stomach. I run upstairs to the bathroom before Lip could.

He bangs on the door. "Hurry up Carl, water won't be on for much longer."

I shrug and slip off my boxers and start the shower.

I get to washing my hair and the water shuts off. I still had shampoo in my hair.

"Fuck!" I yell loudly. I quickly get out and look around for a cup of water or something to rinse off my hair.

I try the sink which is useless.

After a minute of brainstorming I walk over to the toilet.

I laugh at myself and stick my head in quickly enough to get rid of all the shampoo. I run my hand through my wet hair and sniff real quick.

"Minty..?" I say.

** 20 minutes later **

"Come on Caaaarl!" Fiona yells. "You're gonna be late to the bus!" She adds.

I run downstairs and grab one of the brown paper lunch bags.

"I'll walk you." She says.

I look at her and roll my eyes. I start walking to go outside.

"What?" She says confused.

"I'm 15, Fi." I say slamming the door behind me.

**

I put my stuff in my locker but don't grab anything for class, instead I walk to class empty handed. (For once.)

I sit down in one of the desks in the back where it's pretty empty.

The teacher sighs. "Mr. Gallagher, are you gonna make this year better than the last... nine?" She says and chuckles stupidly.

I scoff. "Are you gonna quit giving me shit on the first day, Ms. Adomitis?"

A girl next to me giggles. I look at her but back to the teacher as she speaks.

"Gallagher, do not try me this year. One slip up like that and off to the principals you go, do you understand?"

I hold up a thumbs up earning another laugh from the girl next to me.

I look at her and give her a good stare. She turns a little red.

She opens her mouth to speak but closes it and moves her head away.

I give a slight grin and look away.

 She's pretty, I think to myself. I look at her again to see her looking straight forward. She had pretty (your hair color.) And really pretty (your eye color.)

I shake my head and snap my head forwards.

 Just like Bonnie, I think to myself.

 No way, she just left. Bonnie just left, I think. The thought saddens me for I think I loved her. I thought she loved me back.

**

The bell rings and I start to walk out of the classroom.

The teacher scolds me as I walk out and I roll my eyes. I start to walk around the corner and see the girl from my class looking around. I look at her once more.

I walk to my locker and she walks next to me. I furrow my brow as she opens the locker next to mine.

"Gallagher your real name?" She says not breaking eye contact with the stuff in her locker.

I look at her and cock my head sideways. "Carl Gallagher." I say.

"Yourself?" I ask the girl.

"Y/N." She replies.

I nod.

**

I start walking out the school building to see Y/N smoking by a tree. I chuckle and walk up to her, grabbing the cigarette out of her hand and putting it in my mouth.

She quickly turns around and blurts out, "We can't be friends Carl Gallagher."

I shrug and walk away.

She runs up to me, obviously concerned about my lack of care.

"I don't mean it like that." She says.

"Look, Y/N. I've lost too many." I say indicating at Bonnie. "Before anything major goes on you might as well tell me now." I say.

We stand for a little bit looking at each other as a puff and puff on the cig. 

The cigarette finishes and I drop it and smoosh it with my foot. I look at her and began to walk away with no answer. I quickly look back at her walking the other way.

I sight and continue walking home.