Chapter 18.

Carl's POV

    I walked behind Eve all the way to school. She was too fast to catch up with and I was too tired.

    We eventually got to school and I finally caught up to her.

    "What's up?" I asked.

She played with her shirt sleeves and shrugged, trying to walk ahead of me again.

    I grabbed her arm and pulled her towards me, making a little scene.

I grabbed both her arms as she was facing me.

    I stared into her eyes for what seemed like forever and she began to laugh. I laughed with her.

    "What's so funny?" I said, trying to stop laughing.

    "You trying to act tough, dipshit!" She replied and began to laugh harder.

I lightly pushed her and laughed also.

    We stopped messing around in the middle of the hallway and began walking. She grabbed my hand and as she did I heard her stomach growl.

    I glance at her and she giggles.

"You should've ate this morning." I say and shake my head. She shrugs.

**

    We walk out of the school after the last bell and Eve runs ahead of me like this morning but instead this time, with friends.

    "I'm going to Maeve's house." She yells back at me. I shrug.

    I arrive back home and sit on the couch right away.

    I lazily lay my body across the couch when Frank comes in.

    "Just the man I'm looking for." He says walking over to the couch.

"I'm not breaking your leg again." I say and roll my eyes, turning on the TV.

    "No, son. I need you to get me some, yknow."

    I look over at him. He looks like a homeless man. Oh wait.

    He sighs. "Perk-Me-Ups. Or, anything you can get. Maybe some crack. Or cracks." Frank lets out a single laugh, followed by hacking and coughing.

    "I'm not eHarmony or some shit! Find some chicks another way."

    He shakes his head. "Come on, son. I brew the most amazing beer! Milk of the gods, you see? I need something more .. New flavor. Only a smart boy could help me with such a thing." He says with an innocent voice.

    I stupidly point to myself with a questioning face. He nods and grins.

Fiona walks downstairs and wacks Frank on the back of the head with her palm.

    "Got any more rat poison?" She jokingly asks me.

    "Carl's not doing another drug run for you. Plus, he has to take care of his girlfriend." Fiona says, making an excuse so Frank will leave.

"Girlfriend?" Frank asks curiously. Fiona walks away to the kitchen.

    "No, fuck buddy." I reply, nodding.

He nods back, rubbing his chin.

    "So, take your girl. The more hands to carry the merrier!" Frank says, rubbing his hands together.

    "I'm better off alone. Just tell me where to go, give me the money, and I'll get everything possible." I say getting a bit full of myself.

    **