Part Five: (The Rhodes Not Taken) The April Rhodes Club

Oh, thank God for morning sickness.

If it wasn't for Quinn running from the choir room, you would have to continue with the rest of the rehearsal.

Because...

"If I have to hear this song one more time, I'm gonna end up ripping out my eardrums."

"I think she just had a- A bad breakfast burrito."

"Aaand now I'm hungry."

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?"

"Your sexuality?" Santana sassed Kurt.

"You're one to talk," you whispered so that only you could hear.

"Rachel," he clarified, "We can't do it without her."

"That's not true," Mr Schue said, "We may have to layer Santana or Mercedes over Quinn's solo, but... we'll be fine."

"Maybe for the invitationals, but not for the sectionals. And certainly not for regionals."

"Wheelchair kid's right," Puck said next, "That Rachel chick makes me wanna light myself on fire, but she can sing."

"Okay, Rachel left, guys. She's gone. Now, if we're gonna make this thing work, we can't look back. Alright, take five, guys."

While everyone started to talk to one another, and Finn walked over to Mr Schue. You took it upon yourself to go check on the puking cheerleader.

"Hello? Hello, hello?" you called as you entered the nearest bathroom, instantly hearing the telltale sound of someone throwing up. "Oh, it sounds like you're having fun in here."

You were no longer hungry, watching as the blonde heaved over the toilet.

"Jesus Christ, it's like you're trying to expel a demon." Taking on a voice and miming holding up a cross, like something out of The Exorcist, you continued, "Begon Satan! Leave this vessel at once! That's very weird to say when you have a baby in you."

"You're not helping," the Fabray yelled through a cough, voice filled with tears thanks to her position right now.

"Right, right. Sorry," you apologised as you moved forward. Crouching down next to Quinn, rubbing a soothing hand along her back, "It's that 'can't be serious, during serious situations' thing, again."

Somehow, you could hear the next wave curling within her stomach before she heaved it up without another warning.

"Oh, God," you breathed and turned your head away from it. You weren't very good with puke. Never had been. "There you go. Get it all out, Q."

You were behind the blonde, either hand hovering beside her arms, as she wobbly held onto one of the bathrooms sinks after rinsing her mouth out with ice-cold water.

"You are way too sick to be in school."

"I'm fine. It normally passes by lunchtime."

"Quinn, that's like a few hours before school ends."

"I can't go home like this," she replied sternly.

"Why not?"

"My mom will be home."

"Can't you just tell her you caught something?"

"That only lasts in the mornings, every morning?"

You fell silent when she pointed out that obvious flaw in your idea.

"But you can't stay here. Unless you want the whole school to realise what's going on. And have to rush out of your classes like every five minutes."