Part Nine: (Wheels) They See Me Rollin' They Hatin'

"Ah, there she is," Finn told you, pointing out his girlfriend as soon as you entered the gym.

"Yeah, I see her." You nodded, gripping a handful of his sleeve, using that leverage to tug his arm back down to his side. "And you wanted to check the Spanish classroom next."

"Shut up."

"That doesn't sound like, "Thank you, Y/N. You suggested the gym next" to me."

"You shouldn't do this to yourself," Finn said, sitting beside his girlfriend. You came to sit in the spot next to him, watching as the cheerleaders performed their routine with jump ropes.

"Do what?"

"I know how much it hurts to be off the team. You're just torturing yourself watching."

"I agree. It's torture to watch this, too," you spoke, face creased in confusion.

"I need a good distraction." Quinn shook her head.

"From what?"

"Other than being pregnant and all the bullshit that comes with it."

Quinn sighed, moving to pull a letter from her bag and hand it over to Finn.

"Six hundred and eighty-five dollars?" he asked. Breath taken away by the amount.

"How much?" you asked, shocked, snatching the paper from the boy's hand without any protest. Scanning the contents of the letter. " Jesus Christ. "

"That's how much a sonogram costs. This is just the beginning." She turned to the boy. "There's gonna be more doctor's visits, vitamins, new clothes for when I explode."

"What are we gonna do?" he sighed.

"What are you gonna do?"

"Well, I'm looking for a job. I mean, no one's hiring."

For the first time, maybe in your life, you didn't utter a single comment.

Just sat there, hunched over your knees, watching as the couple spoke back and forth.

"I- I almost got into Olive Garden, but they said I was too tall to be a busboy."

'Coming back to that, later'

"Somewhere in that pea brain of yours is a man ," Quinn said, "Access him, and tell him to prove to me that I chose the right guy to have a baby with."

"I will." The blonde moved to stand up, and the boy rushed out, "I- I'll find a job. You can count on me, I swear."

Quinn looked at him and nodded once before trying to leave.

"Wh- Where are you going?"

"You were right," she admitted, voice starting to fill with tears, "This does hurt too much."

She walked away with her head downcast, but your attention was pulled to the boy you had previously given a warning to.

"Hey," you called over to Jacob, voice hard, as he watched Quinn walk away. He snapped to look at you, fear in his eyes, "Remember what I said." He nodded quickly, then turned to the coach by his side, pulling a voice recorder towards her.

"What am I going to do?" Finn asked you.

"Like she said. Get a job." You shrugged.

"It's not that easy."

"I know that. But do you even have a Resume?"

"A what?"

'Oh my, God. He's helpless'