Part Nineteen: (Dream On) Two Dad's and They Favour The Blonde

It was finally the weekend.

Your sister was still going through the last stages of her tonsillitis and ear infection recovery, so things were still relatively peaceful.

Just as promised, Quinn was staying over.

You and the blonde, currently enjoying the others company upon the living room couch.

The TV was on and had your full attention as she read the book lying upon her swollen belly.

Arm stretched across the plush back of the couch, Quinn sitting under your arm, back resting against your side, knees bent, and head on your bicep.

If anyone who didn't know better were to look at the two of you in this position, they would assuredly say that you were a couple.

That is exactly how your father's found you.

"Oh, hello, Quinn," LeRoy greeted with a smile.

"Hello, Mr Berry."

"Oh, come on." He waved her formality's off, "How many times do we have to tell you to use our first names?"

The girl smiled bashfully.

"How was school?" Hiram asked her next, leaning over the back of the sofa as he did. You, looking between your two parents, an aghast expression pulling at your face. It only got worse with every sentence they said that wasn't directed at you. You know. Their child .

"School was good." Quinn nodded. "A lot of homework, though."

"That's always the case," LeRoy said, shaking his head as he removed his jacket.

"Uh... hello? " you sounded now.

"Hello, Y/N."

"Is that is? That all I get?" you asked the men now walking past you.

"Is your sister in?"

" Really?! "

You knew they were doing this to tease you.

After all, you did get it from somewhere.

"No, 'how was school, Y/N?', 'have a good day?', 'didn't pull yourself at work, again?'."

"Would you like your usual from the Chinese place, Quinn?" LeRoy asked.

"Please." The girl nodded.

You gave an insulted cry, watching as your father walked into the kitchen to order the food. Quinn, returning back to her book with a controlled giggle.

Hiram gestured at the girl under your arm and how close the two of you were before shooting you a thumbs up.

Glancing between the blonde and yourself, you realised what the man was trying, and successfully achieved, to convey. Rolling your eyes at him, you waved him away. Before Quinn could spot your silent conversation and find out what was going on.

Luckily, your other father was there to save you during this trying time.

"Hiram! Will you go upstairs and check on Rachel, please?"

"Oh, I sure am loved in this house, aren't I?!"

---

There have been many occasions where you have wanted to fight an adult.

The most recent time, being Quinn's father, after he had kicked the girl out.

And yeah, a lot of the teachers in your school sucked, but it was rare that they got you angry enough that you had the thought of hitting them.