Part Twenty-Two: (Journey To Regionals) OH MY, GOD! WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!

Well, this was depressing.

More than the entirety of the previous week was.

The New Directions were all gathered inside the living room of Mr Schue's apartment, pizza boxes stacked up on the coffee table, and sullen faces all around.

"Y/N?"

Snapping out of your daze, you looked up at your teacher with a hum.

"Quinn's taking a little while grabbing the plates. Will you go check on her?"

"Sure thing, Mr Schue." You nodded, a huffed groan pouring from your lips as you pushed yourself up from your seat. Mumbling to yourself as you walked into the kitchen, "It's a stack of paper plates. How much trouble could she get in?"

The answer was none.

Considering you found the blonde standing at the sink, staring off into the rain covered window, clearly in a daze of her own.

Walking up behind her, you raised your hands, wiggling your fingers against her ribs, causing the girl to let out a squealed giggle and cower away from your tickling hands.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it," you told her as she turned to face you, hand over her beating chest, panting lightly.

"Yeah, I can tell that it was totally against your will, from the smile on your face," she replied sarcastically.

"You okay, blondie? You were kinda gazing out of the window full 'when will my love return from the war?' style."

With a sigh, Quinn looked down at her swollen belly. Smoothing a palm over the area.

"It's been a long year."

You scoffed in agreement, "Yeah, you're fuckin' tellin' me. More so for you, though, you're growing another human. That can't be easy."

"It's not."

"Oh, I know. I've been there through it all."

Quinn grew silent for a few seconds. Just looking deep into your eyes before replying.

"Thank you. I. I know you didn't have to do any of this for me, but-"

"But I wanted to," you interrupted the girl, "And I wouldn't have down anything different."

"I... just. Thank you ."

"You don't need to thank me. In all honesty, it's kinda self-serving." You shrugged.

Quinn's eyes narrowed at you with playful suspicion. " How is it self-serving?"

"I mean, you're not covering my face with your hand anymore. You roll your eye's at me less. Well... maybe not. But you are less bitch queen to me, which is nice. Not to mention, you're quite good company, Fabray."

"You're not too bad to hang out with yourself, Berry." She smiled. "And that's not just because I was forced to spend time with you, to not just be at Puck's place... I wanted to be around you."

"Well, I think that might have been the nicest thing you're ever said to me."

"Don't get used to it," she replied with a playful smirk.

"It's fine, I'll just chew loudly around you, and your hormones will make you pissed at me soon enough." Your eyebrows ticked up, and you nodded your head into the next room over, where all your friends were waiting. "Speaking of food. We best get in there before they all starve and start wondering if we've gone down the sink."

Quinn giggled softly, reaching to her side to pick up the stack's of paper plates and yellow napkins. Turning to follow you into the living room.

"You need a hand?" you tried to offer, hands coming out to take the stacks from her hands.