Part Twelve: (Mattress) Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy, BREAK UP!

"Where's Rachel?"

"She's not here yet," Finn said, rolling closer on the wheeled chair to where Kurt was gathering everyone around the piano.

"Perfect."

"I'm ashamed to admit that I think that too sometimes."

"Glee Club stands on a delicate precipice. We have all felt the cold humiliation of a slushie in the face. But as of right now, our relative anonymity as a club shields us from more severe persecution. Swirlies," he began to list, "Patriotic wedgies."

"What's a patriotic wedgie?" Mercedes asked.

"It's when they hoist you up the flag pole by your undies," Finn informed.

"Strangely, it did make me feel more American."

"Did you even feel anything?" You asked Artie curiously, from where you stood in between him and Quinn.

"Based on my investigation," Kurt continues, "I am of the opinion that a yearbook photo would only fuel the flames of anti-Glee-Club terror. I've done a little library research." He then began showing Glee Club pictures from the old yearbooks. "Peter Gellar. Glee Club second tenor, 1998. He can be seen here with both a drawn on Hitler moustache and a rice paddy hat. Shortly after the yearbook came out, Mr Gellar had a nervous breakdown. He is not the homeless man who sleeps in front of the public library."

"Patches?" Quinn asked, turning to Kurt.

He nodded in confirmation. "Patches."

"He barks at my mom," Brittany stated.

"I bark back at him when he does that. Pretty sure we've had a conversation like that. I just don't know what I said."

"Exhibit 'B'," the boy carried on, bringing out another yearbook, "Tawny Peterson. Glee Club class of 2000. Seen here in her photo with a cartoon knife stuck in her head, in a macabre tableau that in four years would prove eerily prescient. I think I speak for all of us when I say that not having to pose for a yearbook photo might be a blessing in disguise. I suggest not fighting Figgins' ruling."

"I have some problems with your points. Firstly." You began counting on your fingers. "You've only shown us two people." Another finger. "How do we know that they didn't have any underlying problems or mental illnesses. And lastly, it could just be a coincidence. I think you're making a big deal out of this."

"It is a big deal."

"This is speculation, at best."

"Oh, hey, guys," Mr Schuester said, entering the room, "Ah. Looking at old 'Thunderclaps'?"

"It's really unsettling."

"And totally unfair," he "agreed", mistakenly taking Artie's words how they weren't intended, pointing at him, "Hey, can I borrow one of these?" He didn't wait for an answer before taking the book Kurt was holding to his chest from him. "You know what? This years 'Thunderclap' is going to have a Glee Club photo with every. One. Of your smiling faces. You have my word on it."

Everyone looked downcast at Mr Schue's words.

All but you.

Who looked like you couldn't care less.

Which you really didn't.

---

"What are you doing?" you asked, poking your head over the two cheerleader's shoulders as they giggled at something below them. When you spotted it, you took a pause, for a few long seconds, "Are you really defacing my sister's picture right now?"