Part Six: (Vitamin D) DRUGS??

You were too busy texting to hear Mr Schue's rant at the team.

"-It's a grape stomping one."

"Y/N, who are you texting?"

"Huh?" You looked up at the sound of your name, finding your teacher and the rest of your friends looking at you. "Oh, my boss. He wants to pay me for some overtime this weekend, but I gotta study for the math test."

"Ah. Well, that's fine. You sort that out, then come back to us. Oh, and Y/N." Mr Schue turned back to you. "Your car has been parked outside the school for like the past two weeks and hasn't moved."

"Ah, yeah. I, uh, kinda lost my keys. And I've been meaning to get a tow truck out, but... I forget," you finished off slowly.

"Oh! I have your keys."

"What?"

Looking over to your side, you spotted Brittany digging through her Cheerios bag.

"They were on the piano, and I picked them up to give them to you, but I forgot."

You smiled tightly, feeling frustration building up inside you, but still heart-warmed at the girl's kindness.

"Thanks, Britt."

"I painted them pink."

Out from her bag, like a magician pulling a rabbit from a hat. Came your keys.

Now multiple shades of pink and covered with glitter.

Your friends had to stifle their laughs when they saw your keys, too. Some of them, even have to cover their mouths with their hands or turn their faces away.

You suddenly realised that this is what it must feel like to have a child.

Your smile tightened even further, unknowingly forced to the beaming girl, as your hands wrapped around your keys.

"Thanks, Britt."

You weren't trying to slack off during rehearsals like most of the other members. But you were taking it a little easier after the guys had filled you in on the competition for Regionals. Since you weren't there at the time. Too busy at your place with Quinn again, as she suffered from morning sickness.

But instead of it being relatively peaceful, you were stood behind the girl for most of the time as she emptied her stomach into the toilet.

And yeah, granted, you saying, "Oh, it's all over the walls," didn't help the situation at all.

Forewarning to everyone ever.

Morning sickness was hell on earth.

---

"Competition!" Mr Schue exclaimed, beginning to pin pictures up on the corkboard behind him, "Every one of these people or elements was a champion in their own right. But they used competing with each other to make themselves even better ."

"I don't understand how lightning is in competition with an above-ground swimming pool," Kurt stated, mildly confused by the teachers choice of pictures.

"Just go with it."

"I, for one, would love to see a shark and a bear duke it out."

Mr Schue looked at you for a moment before shaking your words off too and continued his speech.

"You guys become complacent. You were great at the Invitational, but you got to up your game if you want to get through Sectionals. Okay, split up."

"Dude, don't yawn in my ear." You jolted away from Finn, who mumbled a sleepy apology.

"Guys on the left side, girls on the right side," the teacher said, pointing as he did, "Let's go, come on."