Chapter 15

"Weather is nice today right?" Takeomi said sitting next to Kaiya in the backyard. "Mh it is." She replied.

"I miss the fun bipolar Kaiya." He said smiling.

"I do too." She said looking down.

"You know, you'll get through this." He said wrapping his arm around her. "Thank you takeomi. We were never close but you know more about me than anyone in the group." She said and he just hummed.

"I don't know if I can accept Kazutora." He said putting his cigarette out. "Something in me tells me that it's fine." Kaiya replied.

"He killed my best friend, Shin really saved me honestly. I've lost him, waka, and benkei, having his killer around is pretty hard."

"Waka did go down a bad path.. but we aren't any better.... I wonder what Benkei is doing." She said smiling. "We've killed many people as well, someone's brother, husband, lover, father. I still don't see any of you as bad people though. Do you think their families would be able to accept us? I don't think so. So I'll try my best to treat others how I want to be treated."

She takes a break

"Takeomi, there must be a reason why Mikey hasn't killed Kazutora all this time. I want him to be part of bonten. I'm sure that's what Shin-chan would want too." She said smiling.

"If you think it's right then I'll be by your side." He said. She lays her head on his shoulder and they continue talking.

-

"You're staring hard dude." Koko said to Rindou, he was staring outside the glass doors by the bar.

"I'm not staring." He replied looking away.

"Liar." Sanzu interrupted. "I don't get why she would be bothered by what Kazutora did, ya he was Mikey's brother but why did she look so sad?" He wondered.

"None of us know. You should ask her." Ran said. "Like hell she would talk to me." Rindou replied.

"Uhm.." Kazutora said interrupting. "What do you want?" Koko asked.

"Our boss.. is her name Suzuki Kaiya?" He questioned.

"Yeah that's her name." Rin said. "Then I might have some answers for you." Kazutora asked and everyone's eyes turned to him.

"Start talking then." Koko spat. "Calm down." Sanzu said holding his shoulder.

"Uhm.. I don't really know much it's just what I heard over the years but.. Sano Shinichiro was Kaiya's first love."

"First love?" Rindou questioned. His heart sunk, shes hurt after all these years because of him.. has she ever actually liked Rin..?

"I see." Ran said sitting down. "But how do they even know each other? Mikey didn't even know her" Koko asked.

"I don't know that much.." he replied.

"What are you guys talking about?" Kaiya suddenly popped up.

Everyone jumped and stayed quiet. Kaiya sat down confused next to Kakucho. Takeomi sat at the bar.

"Nothing." Rindou said. "Wrong. If you guys are going to talk about my business ask me directly." She said crossing her legs.

"Really? You want us to ask? I'll ask you right now then." Rindou said standing up. Kaiya just looked at him.

"Why didn't you tell us that Mikey's brother was your first love?" What he said shocked everyone. Kaiya didn't seem fazed. "Why would I tell you guys something private like that?"

"Why didn't you tell me?!" Rindou said loosing his temper.

"Rin.. it was a while ago.." she said gaining sadness in her eyes. "It was a long time ago yet you still get upset." He said angrily.

"He died, how could I not be sad?" She said standing up.

"You haven't even shed a tear or said anything about Mikey's death but you're here dreading over a guy who left you ages ago!" He started yelling at her. "Dude that's enough." Kakucho said standing up and holding him back.

"Rin.. you're right. I don't think I can ever explain it to you or anybody here." She said walking away.

"Don't just walk away! Don't you owe me an explanation?!" He yelled out.

Kai turned around and gave him a warm smile and said "No I don't."

Rindou dropped to his chair and covered his face. "What the fuck man..." he said with a cracky voice.

Ran sits next to his brother for support. "I'll go with Kai.. I need to talk to her about Mochi." Koko said.

He runs after her while she went out for a walk. "Kai wait!" He yelled out and she stopped. "You're here to lecture me too?" She said.

"N-no... I have some information for you regarding Mochi."

"Start talking." She said while they both continue walking.

"Remember that guy, from Sakura.. what was his name Toi? Sangetsu?" He tried remembering. "Yeah go on." She said.

"Mochi joined them, he's Wakasa's partner and they planned the bombing on our old headquarters." He explained.

"I see. My old order still stands kill them." She demanded.

"Them? Even Wakasa?" He asked. "Yes even him."

"Kaiya just stop." He said. "Huh?"

"This isn't you.. you don't have to try being Mikey to lead us. He chose you for the person you've been all this time not who you're trying to be." He said.

Kai turned and looked at him, her eyes tearing up and hugs him. "I don't know how to do this." She sobs. Koko pats her head and tells her "you've been strong. Just be yourself please." He said holding her tight.

"Thank you Koko." She said letting go. "And I know I shouldn't meddle but, talk to Rin. It's obvious he has strong feelings for you."

"I know.. but I don't know what I want either." She said wiping her tears away. "That's why you talk things out to figure out what you both want." He said.

"You're good at love advice, do you have a girlfriend?" She asked teasing him. "Nope. As single as it gets." He said with sadness in his eyes.

"Wanna talk about it?" She asked him. "Another day." He said smiling. "Let's go back." They both started walking back to their home.

"Guys!" She yells out and everyone assembles. "Yes ma'am." They all say ambit Rin is still sulking by the bar, she quickly looks at him but ignores it. "Sakura threatened us and bombed our previous home, Mochi joined them. I want three of you to go and trash their hq while the other three rob their bank account." She stated.

"Ran, Rindou and Sanzu you'll be going to break into their hq and beat them up. Don't kill them. Koko, Takeomi and Kaku you'll be breaking into their safe and computer to transfer the money over to us."

"Understood boss." Ran and Koko say. "What about me boss?" Kazutora asked.

"You'll be with me. We have something to do as well." She said smiling.

"Dismissed.. prepare we'll be attacking in 2 hours." She said.

Starting to walk away she says "Rindou see me in my office please."

Rindou looked up and saw her walking away..he wondered what this could've been about.

To be continued