CHAPTER 11. Worst Timing Of All

There was a hand, running up and down my hair, and it felt incredibly peaceful. A soft sigh left my lips as I slowly awoke from sleep.

My hands were limp at my sides while my face was resting against hot skin. My nose wrinkled as I tried to rouse from the heavy haze in my mind.

Soft spoken words made my eyes slowly flutter open to see I was resting in someone's neck. I was sitting in their lap and arms were held loosely around my waist.

"So the shipment won't be here until Thursday?" The voice was instantly recognize by my ears, and my face turned a light shade of pink.

I had fallen asleep in Malcus's arms, and he was now sitting in his office chair working, in front of the guests, with me in his lap!

"Alright, I'll be back on Thursday then, oh, and who's the cute sleepy head?" A woman behind the counter asked, no doubt talking about me.

I curled deeper into Malcus, hiding my face. This is embarrassing, I thought and closed my eyes again while I waited to hear what Malcus what say.

"She's one of the interns who's been having it pretty rough," a kiss was placed on the top of my head. "So I figured a break and some rest would do her some good."

The woman giggled while I blushed furiously. "I'll see you Mr. Malcus, good luck!"

I shifted and let out a small yawn. "Are you awake, little one?" I lifted my head and rubbed my eyes.

"Yes, you didn't have to let me sleep on you," my eyes went wide as I realized something. "Caledon is going to murder me, how long have I been gone? Oh my gosh, the box! I didn't get the box, he's going to stab me and feed me to the guests!" I wailed and covered my face with my hands.

Malcus laughed. "You're fine, I had one of the interns being it over and tell him you had to help me with something." I peeked at Malcus through my fingers as his lips rose into an amused smile.

"Didn't stop him from trying to hunt you down though, he saw me and you and started screaming. You slept through the whole thing." Malcus told me calmly.

My lips parted and I placed my hands on his shoulders, not really sure where else to put them. "I did? Is that even possible?" I questioned and shook my head in disbelief.

Malcus laughed. "Apparently, it was a sight to see," he said and reached up to ruffle my hair. "I'm happy you got some sleep,"

I looked away and got off his lap anxiously, happy when he didn't try to stop me. Now this was something from a romance novel. "Oh, and that... gentleman who wanted to see you, is in the dining hall." Malcus said simply and reached for the phone.

"What?!" I demanded in horror. Malcus shooed me away while he started speaking to the person on the other end.

"Yes, we have space for a group of fifty," Malcus told them while I glared and spun around to leave his office.

I grabbed the door and huffed ready to mentally prepare myself to tell Joe to leave. I gasped when something suddenly pulled me backwards and I looked at the arm that had made it's way around my waist.

"Malcus, what the heck?" I complained as he looked off into the distance while listening to the person on the line.

"Mhm, yes, we'll be sure to make gluten free options - but it does cost extra, mhm, yes, goodbye ma'am." Malcus put the phone down before meeting my glaring eyes.

"You told me to leave! So why'd you grab me?!" I demanded and gave an experimental wiggle. Yup, not leaving until he lets me go. I realized quickly.