CHAPTER 25. Good Time Turned Bad

Caledon had disappeared early the next morning, saying he had a meeting or something. He had been grumpy, and seemed very unwilling to leave me.

But the moment he had left, the kitchen was filled with Interns and a few staff, who were eager to talk to me. Carla, Zoe, Tyler, and Malcus's friend Lucas were in the kitchen laughing and talking with me as music played.

"Ooh, this is a song to dance to!" Carla cheered and I smiled, looking at the new clothes I had received yesterday, which I had been happy to put on this morning after Caledon left.

Clothes meant for girls, that actually fit me. Zoe grabbed my arm and started dancing as 'Work From Home' started playing.

I didn't really expect much of anything when I causally twerked with my friends, but I didn't expect the kitchen door to open when I was doing it.

And I didn't expect Zane, Malcus, and Caledon to walk in while I was doing it either.

Malcus stared at me, utterly stunned at my twerking.

Caledon was also staring, but not out of shock, more out of fascinated desire.

Zane looked oddly pissed, which was odd, because he was the last person I thought would get angry. I figured Caledon would be the one to throw a fit.

Carla clicked off the speaker and whistled as the interns mumbled excuses and ran for their lives.

I shot a glare at each of them as they quickly abandoned me. "Sorry love, I wanna live," Carla said and winked, leaving me.

I cleared my throat. "Wus up?" I asked and swallowed thickly.

"Why were there so many people in my damn kitchen?" Caledon asked, making Malcus look at him and raise an eyebrow.

"That's what you're going to ask her?" He asked in disbelief.

"You got new clothes," Zane pointed out. I crossed my arms and cleared my throat again.

"I'm not a zoo animal, stop staring," I said and tried to ignore the heat rising in my cheeks.

Zane sighed and looked at me. I avoided his gaze and instead looked at the wall. "So, a club huh?" Zane suddenly said, and I choked.

"W-who told you?!" I demanded and glanced at Malcus, who crossed his arms. Caledon glared at nothing in particular and looked pissed.

"The intern named Zoe," Zane said dryly. I shifted and inhaled.

"So what if I went to a club? Like I said yesterday, what I do in my free time is none of your business." I told him firmly.

Zane's eyes flashed and Malcus touched Zane's shoulder, murmuring something in his ear. I glanced at Caledon, and he met my eyes.

"I- nothing happened, I just danced," unlike with Zane, I felt the need to explain myself to the vampire. "I should have told you, I'm sorry," I told him.

His red eyes glowed. "We'll talk about it tonight when I have you to myself." The monster vampire told me, and I shivered.

"Come on little one," Malcus stepped away from Zane and offered me a hand. "Let's go have a talk,"

I inched forward timidly. "You aren't going to yell at me, are you?" My fingers brushed his palm and he shook his head.

"No, I'm not going to yell at you, come on," Malcus walked with me towards the kitchen door. I stepped past Zane, and he looked frustrated as I moved away from him.

Malcus took me outside, and I gazed at him as he began taking me down the hill, towards the horses. "Malcus, did I do something wrong?" I asked nervously. Malcus shook his head and smiled at one of the interns who took care of the horses.

"Did you get it ready?" Malcus asked, and the intern nodded, leading the brown horse over. I smiled joyfully as Malcus opened the gate.

The horse snorted but allowed my shaking hand to touch above its nose. I gasped in delight and looked at Malcus to make sure he saw.

He smiled and nodded.

I giggled happily, hardly noticing as the intern stepped away to give us space. "Can I ride her?" I asked hopefully.

Malcus silently grabbed my hips and slowly lifted me up onto the animal. I grinned, lips rising. "I knew you would love me!" I told the horse and gently patted her neck.

Malcus grabbed the reigns and I gasped, hugging the horse as he slowly lead the horse forward. His eyes shot to mine. "Is this okay?"

I nodded, body trembling in anticipation. I relaxed my tense body after a moment, happy. Malcus walked through a patch of trees and looked at me.

"Justice, do you really believe the Fae saved you from the two pieces of walking trash?" Malcus asked calmly.

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Yes, I do," I said grumpily.

Malcus nodded, and I frowned. "Malcus, who made the Fae go back into prison or whatever they're held? You know, after they broke free," I asked curiously.

Malcus stared straight ahead. "Zane's father did, and it cost him his life,"

I gasped, losing color in my face. "W-what?"

Malcus sighed. "His father was the only one who could match them, because he's a chameleon, like Zane."

My brow furrowed. "What does that mean? Zane said something about him being able to be whatever he needed,"

Malcus slowed his pace. "He can change into any other supernatural creature, even Fae."

My lips parted in surprise. "Woah," I breathed in shock.

Malcus nodded. "Woah indeed," he told me. I looked at Malcus curiously.

"What are you?" I asked bluntly. Malcus stopped walking altogether and looked back at me.

"I'm a demon, Justice," he told me as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"Oh," was all I could say. Malcus's lips rose into a small smile.

"Oh indeed," he began walking again, and the necklace I had found yesterday felt heavy in my pocket.

"Malcus," I called his name, and his head turned quickly. "I feel like shit," I announced.

His brow shot up. "Why?"

My shoulders sagged. "I was kind of mean to Zane, I wish I would have known about his dad-" I stopped and touched my head startled at the sudden throb of pain.

Malcus let go of the reins and walks over. "Justice, are going okay?" I nodded then shook my head grabbing my ears.

"My head hurts all the sudden," I told him and closed my eyes at another pulse of pain.

Malcus lifted me off the horse and set me on the ground, him kneeling in front of me. "A headache?"

"I don't know! It just hurts!" I told him and took deep breaths, rubbing my temples. "Like a lot," I muttered and closed my eyes wincing.

Malcus hesitated and reached out to touch me before stopping himself. "Justice -"

His voice was like a drum in my ears as the pain suddenly exploded and became worse. "Stop talking! It hurts, I think my brain is going to implode," I whispered and tilted my head back, touching the tree behind me.

I whimpered and hoped it would pass, like a cramp. When it didn't, I looked at Malcus with wide eyes, panicked. "It hurts, why does it hurt so much?!"

Malcus faltered as I placed my head between my knees, crying out. "Justice, shit,"

I placed my hands on my head, wishing I would pass out.

Then, like a stroke of luck, like the universe heard my thoughts, I did.