CHAPTER 31. Bright Green Eyes

I wasn't really sure what to expect as the four of us made our way up a long drive way, to a home that looked like a castle you'd see in a movie.

I was nervous, but I was surprisingly calm, even as Zane knocked. We waited a long time before the door slowly freaked open, a handsome man greeting us.

"Welcome," he opened the door all the way and smiled, about to speak more when I heard screaming.

"I'm going to fucking murder you!" I watched with wide eyes as a two men rolled across a blue rug, right into front of us, throwing punches.

"Yeah? Well next time don't take labeled fucking food!" The other shouted, bumping into a side table, making a vase crash on top of their heads.

The one that greeted us snarled. "Fin! Lion! Knock it off," he barked making the two look up.

I grabbed Malcus's hand. "I want to go back to SNRC," I announced loudly, making the one who greeted us look over.

He sighed. "I'm sorry, I'm River," he offered me a hand, and I slowly took it, meeting his blue eyes. "It's crazy here, but we we'll try our best to make sure you feel at home."

I nodded and looked at the two vampires who had been trying to kill each other. "Hi, what's up? I'm Fin," a brown haired vampire with bright eyes offered me his hand, and I took it.

"Nice to meet you," I chirped and looked at Lion, who seemed like a trouble maker. He looked at me with narrowed black eyes, and the bruise on his cheek told me he got into a lot of fights.

"Welcome," he said roughly as another person walked in.

"You're the human," the next vampire exclaimed and looked at me with wide eyes.

"This is Dune," River told me and looked at Caledon. "It's good to see you again,"

Caledon nodded and looked at me. "There's a girl who lives here, she's human."

My eyes went wide. "Seriously?!" I looked around, as if I expected her to be hiding somewhere.

River sighed and rubbed his face. "Yes, we take... care of her, after her guardian past away. Who wants to go get her?"

There was silence from all four of the vampires. River looked up the stairs as a figure started walking down. "Hey, Cross, will you go get Raven?"

The figure paused and nodded, turning back the way he came. "How old is she?" I questioned, shifting with excitement. Another human forced to live the same way as me.

"She's sixteen?" Fin said and frowned, looking at River. "Wait, how old is she again?"

Lion snorted. "We don't know, she won't tell us, we think she's seventeen." I looked at each vampire before slowly gazing at Malcus.

He shrugged and I frowned. Doesn't sound like they all get along, at all.

My eyes drifted to the stairs as someone slid down the railing, and once they reached the bottom, reached back and grabbed the railing, jumping off it and landing.

My eyes sparkled as I saw the pretty girl. She had long silky black hair which was clearly dyed, and she flipped it over her shoulder before she looked at me with bright green eyes.

"Raven, these are our guests," River said slowly as Cross, the final vampire stood on the stairs scowling.

"Joy," she drawled and ran her eyes over us. She paused and we stared at each other.

"You poor thing," I blurted and her eyes widened a little.

She smiled and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I know, I take pity with pride,"

The one on the stairs, Cross, made a sound in his throat, seeming annoyed at her words. I pulled my hand out of Malcus's and stepped warily past the vampires to walk over to Raven.

"Shall we take this to my room? It's suffocating in here," Raven said nervously, hand trembling ever so slightly, like she was scared I would reject her.

I smiled. "Let's, we ought to get to know each other, I have a feeling we have a lot in common." Raven relaxed and nodded, touching the railing.

Cross narrowed his eyes on Raven as she shoved past him, and I looked at the five vampires, who watched her walk up the stairs.

I smiled and followed the girl up the impressive staircase and down a hall with many paintings. "So, I heard you've been having trouble at your job." Raven said slowly and opened a door.

"Yeah, you been having trouble with vampires?" I asked and Raven snorted, throwing her door open.

"Look at this room and tell me what you see," I looked in and winced.

"It's very pink," I said and covered my eyes at the brightness. Nearly everything was a different shade of pink.

Raven pointed at a frilly pillow. "I don't even like pink!" She exploded. "River says it's a phase," she wrinkled her nose. "I say it's a lifestyle, I swear, they do all this dumb stuff to mess with me."

I smiled. "How long have you been with them?"

Raven winced and fell into a pink chair. "Since I was eight, it's gotten worse every year, humans and supernatural don't mix." She looked at me with sad green eyes. "I'm sure you figured that out yourself too,"

I paused and bit my lip. "At first, yes, but we figured it out."

Raven sighed and let her head fall back into her chair. "I wish I had that experience, those idiots don't know how to deal with girls, much less human ones."

I tilted my head to the side. "Not to nit pick, but have you talking to them about it?"

Raven laughed. "Ha! You came here with a freaking vampire, surely you know talking things out doesn't work."

My lips rose. "True, so, what do you like to do around here?"

Raven grinned. "I'm glad you ask," she opened a window and stepped out on the small platform outside. "Follow me,"

Follow Raven, out a window, high enough where if you fell you'd most definitely break limbs?

"Sure, let's go," I agreed.

I watched Raven flirt with death as she scaled up the impressive castle/house as I moved slowly behind her.

She moved gracefully as she heaved herself up onto a flat area on the roof and offered me a hand. I took it and allowed her to lift me up.

She lifted up a leg and held it, chin going on her knee as she sighed. "It's pretty here, huh?"

I looked out at the lush landscape and looked at her curiously. "It is very pretty,"

Raven looked out, sun shining onto her face. "I hate it here,"

I frowned. "Why? Because of your roommates?"

Raven glanced at me. "Mostly, they treat me like a child or expect me to be a perfect adult, do you think I could hide in your trunk and sneak to SNRC?"

I giggled. "I wouldn't stop you, I had to run away from home to become happy."

Raven clicked her tongue. "Oh I've tried, those morons always find me though,"

My eyes widened a little. "You've run away before?"

Raven nodded and ran her fingers along her pants. "Yeah, I do it all the time, it's the only to get their attention." Her face twisted. "I hate them,"

I searched her face and blinked. "And I thought my home life was rough,"

I'm going to be making a book about Raven and her five vampires, so be sure to look out for that, it will be coming very soon! ❤