CHAPTER 28. The Unsaid Words

A big thanks to NayNayR80 and sprichard85 for the comments! ❤

I figured the whole random appearance of a person wasn't horrible, it was probably a one time occurrence.

That's what I had hoped.

As I went through my day, I saw those golden eyes through reflective things, like he was behind me. But when I turned, there was nothing there but air.

"What's wrong?" I paused in the hall as a hand landed on my shoulder. I looked over and smiled at Malcus, turning.

"I'm fine, today's a busy day, huh?" I said without thinking, causing Malcus to frown at me. We didn't have many guests, only two small parties, meaning everyone had basically had a free day.

Except I was running around the kitchen and the hotel working, hoping to get my mind off that stupid necklace.

"Are you sure nothing's wrong?" Malcus asked and circled his fingers around my wrist gently. My face scrunched up as he pulled me into his office.

He sat down in his chair and tugged me towards him. "Malcus-" I broke off, face burning as he pulled me into his lap, my nose suddenly touching his. "This is inappropriate," I whispered, avoiding his gaze as his hands touched the small of my back, pulling me closer.

My hands quickly landed on his shoulders, so I could push off him and lean back, for distance.

"You didn't mind the other day when you slept on me," Malcus told me, sounding amused. I closed my eyes, blushing.

"That was before I kissed Caledon," after my words, it was silent, Malcus taking a long moment to process. Then, suddenly, Malcus stood, and I flew to the floor. I winced and rubbed my leg.

"I'm going to- oh shit," Malcus knelt down and lifted me up as I frowned. "I forget you were in my lap for a second."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "How did you forget I was in your lap?"

Malcus's eyes flashed. "I need to have a talk with your vampire,"

My eyes widened in alarm. "A-are you going to yell him because he's not allowed to date me, since I'm... human?" My voice dropped as I said the word, like it was bad or would make him scold me.

Malcus shook his head and leaned down, kissing my forehead. "Zane is in the storage room, why don't you go say hi, little one," Malcus offered gently.

I knew he was trying to distract me, but in mere moments I was skipping into the dark room calling for Zane.

"Zane!"

The male turned, startled, and set a box down. He smiled at me, and I was relieved. "What are you doing in here?"

I placed my arms behind me back. "Hi,"

He chucked and walked over, lifting me up and setting me on a stack of boxes, much like Malcus had done before. Except Zane didn't step back and tease me, instead he did it right there while holding me.

"Hi to you too, what has you in such a good mood?" I traced a pattern on his shirt and slowly looked up to meet his eyes.

"I don't know, Caledon, Malcus," I paused and reached up, fingering a strand of his hair that was long than the others. "You," I finished and Zane smiled at me, acting like our bickering had never even happened.

"I'm happy you came here to SNRC, Justice, you seemed to wiggle your way into everyone's hearts. Did you know I even heard the garbage people singing your praise?"

I blinked. "Huh, why? I've never met them before,"

Zane smiled. "Yes, but you know they come early in the morning right, to empty the dumpster?"

I nodded and felt my eyes widen with realization. "Is this about the hot coffee I left out for them when it was raining?"

Zane flicked my nose and smiled. "Yes, it is, all the things you do for the people around here really made you welcome. How could they not like you?"

I bit the inside of my cheek. "I can think of a few people, who couldn't care less about if I'm a nice person or not, when me being a person is what pisses them off." I grumbled.

Zane laughed, somehow amused, and I frowned. I inhaled and looked at his shirt. I need to tell him about the necklace...

Like really need to.... so why?

Why can't I seem to speak? Why don't I want to tell him? My blood ran cold. Why did I even want to pick it up in the first place?

I paled and trembled a little. Unless of course, these aren't my wishes at all, but someone else's.

I shoved Zane to the side, and he moved, confused. "Justice-" I jumped off the boxes and landed on the ground, stumbling to my feet and rushing out of the storage room. "Where are you going?"

I ran into the kitchen and opened the door, skidding inside. Caledon and Malcus seemed to be having a heavy conversation.

Caledon was leaning on the counter, red eyes narrowed while Malcus talked softly. They both turned as I came in, and I jumped up onto the counter, tugging Caledon close to me.

Caledon frowned in confusion as Zane walked in, just as confused. "Bite me," I told him.

Caledon's red eyes drifted to my brown ones. "I bit you twice this morning," he reminded me.

My body trembled and shook as I sat on the counter, quivering fingers slipping into his hair. "I know, now bite me," I told him, heart pounding with fear.

Caledon obeyed, and my gasp filled the room, Malcus and Zane witnessing the vampire biting me for a second time.

Malcus reached over and grabbed my hair, tilting my head to the side to give Caledon more space. His hand felt hot as it pulled on my hair, and I closed my eyes tightly as Caledon pulled back.

"What the fuck is this about?" Caledon asked as Malcus slowly took his hand from my hair, leaving me chilled.

I touched my neck and searched Caledon's eyes. He found nothing, could it be, since whoever the Fae is, can control the supernatural, they can influence me undetected?

My bottom lip shook. How long... have my choices been swayed by someone else?

"Justice," Zane called my name seriously. "Is there something on your mind?"

Yes.

"No," I said and felt my eyes water in frustration. I stared at Zane and took sharp intakes of breath. Come on, something is seriously wrong with me, one of you has to notice-

Malcus looked at Zane who seemed thoughtful. "Justice, why don't you go rest," his words were friendly, but I didn't miss the worry and suspicion in his eyes.

I nodded and climbed off the counter timidly. I could tell Zane had realized something, and as I looked at the other men, I could tell they were coming to their own conclusions as well.

"Okay, sleep, sounds... good," and it did, I wanted to forget about this whole mess for a few hours.

Too bad that wasn't going to be possible,