CHAPTER 29. "Useless, Utterly Useless,"

This chapter is for Mason2021 and DAddyslittleKqty, you guys are amazing! ❤

All my loyal readers really make me want to write this, which is why we're already at chapter 29!!

It's moving along so slow and fast at the same time! 😌😋

  A low, tired sigh left my lips as I fell into my bed, arm falling over my eyes.

I couldn't remember a time I was so stressed, well, other than when I first got here, and Caledon and I were always screaming at each other.

I knew the Fae and Zane had a lot of history, but why bother with me? If they hated Zane, and wanted to get at him, why help me?

Is the person I saw Fae? Or is this all something else that no one has thought of yet?

I sat up and huffed. "My head hurts," I grumbled and rose out of bed, walking over to the bathroom. I opened a bottle of medicine, placing a pill on my tongue before bending down to drink from the sink.

I winced as the pill went down and looked at myself in the mirror. "We're a mess," I nodded at my own words and brushed my short hair slowly, not liking how tired I looked.

I put my brush down and leaned down, splashing my face with warm water before reaching blindly for my towel to wipe my face.

I wiped my face in soft fabric and frowned, the normally rough towel feeling gentle on my skin. I opened my eyes and looked at my hands, which were holding a black shirt.

I swallowed and ever so slowly looked up. The golden eyed man frowned at me as I stumbled back. "Why the hell are you here? Why don't you go stalk someone else!" I shouted and picked up my hair brush, tossing it at him.

If it worked against a titan, shouldn't it work on a Fae?

The brush hit his chest then fell to the floor with a soft thunking sound. He looked at me in disbelief and moved forward.

As he grew closer, I panicked and darted to the side. My amazing dodging skills weren't enough to avoid his hand for long however.

I let out a scream as he lifted me up and held me against the wall roughly. The man looked at me with annoyance and disbelief. "You? You're the human who's going to rule my world? Who's going to conquer this earth?"

His other hand landed on my throat, and I stared at him in shock. "I don't know what you're talking about!" I choked out and struggled. "Seriously, why are you doing this? What did I do to you?" I asked desperately.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You're clueless, what a bother," his lips curved down. "An I going to have to explain everything to you? What was he thinking?!"

I swallowed past the hand on my throat and looked at him fearfully. "Who's he?" I asked and hoped I would at least get answers before he killed me, on purpose or accident.

"My father, he said one day, once my magic was strong, a human would come and have the power to take over all of the Fae." He stared at me in disgust. "I'm having trouble thinking it's you, since you're pathetic, but I haven't seen any other humans around here- except the smelly one." The Fae shook his head. "Even though he was male, he was far weaker than even you."

I licked my lips nervously. "So, what now? I'm weak and pathetic, so will you leave me alone?"

The Fae shook his head. "No, my father is never wrong, you must have hidden talents of some kind." His eyes narrowed. "Have you ever done anything worth mentioning?"

My eyebrows shot up. "I don't think I'm going to meet your standards, my life was pretty boring before I came here." I admitted and struggled. "Just put me down and leave me alone, I don't want anything to do with the Fae!"

He sighed and met my eyes. "We'll just have to try a few thing," he took his hand off my throat and snapped his fingers.

I screamed in terror as I was suddenly falling through the sky. I fell into the SNRC lake and sank deep into the water.

I swam up and gasped for air, swimming to the shore close by. I crawled up onto the grass and glared at the Fae waiting for me with crossed arms.

"Are you trying to kill me?!" I demanded and got to my feet. He sighed.

"Useless, utterly useless," he eyed my dripping form and narrowed his eyes. He snapped his fingers and I was completely dry in an instant.

I grinned. "I'm dry!"

The Fae rubbed his eyes. "I can't have you dying from a cold, I need answers."

I looked at him curiously, not feeling as threatened. "What's your name?"

He paused, seeming startled. "It's Forest," he told me and his lips twitched. "Yours is Justice, that's a good name."

I stared at him, not sure if he was being sincere or not. My lips parted as a thought dawned on me. I stomped over to the Fae and raised a finger. "You!"

He raised an eyebrow. "Me?" He asked.

"Stay out of my head!"

Forest scoffed. "Oh no, now the tiny human is huffing and puffing, everyone hide,"

My cheeks grew heated. "I want to tell everyone a creepy, no good, pervert-"

He spun and looked at me sourly. "I am not a pervert!" He defended, looking upset.

"Stay out of my head," I repeated. "It's not cool, and it freaks me out," I told him.

Forest looked at me like I was crazy. "Why should I care?"

I crossed my arms and lifted my chin, glaring at him. "Because, apparently I'm going to rule this world."

His lips lifted into a small smile. "Hmm," was all he said, but I could tell my words had pleased him for whatever reason.

I froze for a moment, feeling something around my neck, and reached up. The necklace, was around my neck, dangling down my chest.

I looked at the Fae questioningly, but he was already walking away. "Go tell your little friend Zane... if you dare."

I stomped my foot. "I will! Go be a pervert somewhere else!"

"I am not a pervert!"

I ran a hand through my hair and groaned seeing how far from the hotel I was. I stepped around the lake and began hiking up the steep hill. By the time I reached the top, I was panting for breath.

"Justice, what are you doing?" I looked up at Malcus and raised a hand before placing them back on my knees as I gasped.

"A, a pervert,"

Malcus shook his head and frowned. "What?"

I took a deep breath. "A golden eyed- never mind, can we get Zane and Caledon before I explain?"

Malcus nodded and reached down, grabbing my hand. "Of course," he stilled and reached out, touching the necklace. "I hope this is part of the explanation?" He asked calmly.

I nodded nervously. "Yes, please don't freak out,"

Malcus looked at me. "I'm not the one you have too worry about, unless of course you're going to say anything about Fae."

I faked a smile. "Oh?"

Malcus returned the fake smile with one of his own. "Justice, have you ever been near three exploding volcanoes?" I gulped.