5- A good secretary helps out her boss

On my 5th day in the office, the whole building was buzzing with some big news, which apparently was related to Alvin. Yesterday was one day without any blunders, a slow day. As I entered the building, Tania the front receptionist greeted me almost conspiratorially.

"Is it true, really?" She asks walking beside me with a stack of newspapers in her hand.

"What is?" I asked pressing the elevator button.

"This, you should look at this," She says urgently, thrusting the newspapers at me as the door closes between us.

"What's the fuss about?" I thought aloud, reading the headline on the first paper.

"Billionaire Playboy's Facade revealed" The headline read and I continue reading the content when I reach my floor.

I step out, my head deep into the paper as I keep reading the interesting piece of information, which apparently is about a Playboy billionaire who is hiding something very big from the public eye. I mean come on, who cares about that? It's his personal life.

"What have you so intrigued?" A voice breaks my chain of thoughts. I look up surprised, my heart beating faster in my chest. 

"You spooked me," I accuse Chris, who was now walking next to me. I had no clue when he joined me.

"It's not my fault that your nose was buried deep inside a newspaper gossip," he shrugs, amused.

"Whatever Chris, whatever," I mumble, ignoring him intentionally.

"Violet..." I ignore him, my head bent, pretending to read the news.

"I know you can hear me. We both know that you are ignoring me intentionally. How childish." He scoffs yet again rolling his eyes and I stop walking to glare at him.

"Go away," I scowl at him, and he laughs it off.

"Ok, I am sorry for spooking you out. Let me take you out tomorrow as compensation for it," he says his hands in his pocket.

"I... There is no need for that," I whisper, thinking it over. "I was just kidding, "

"I was not. I like you, Violet." He confesses, taking me by surprise. I stare at him blankly and lick my lips nervously. Lilly would be soo happy to hear this.

Speaking of Lilly, the last I talked to her was 5 days back. I need to talk to her.

"Violet?" Chris shakes me lightly, "Cat got your tongue?"

"I - Oh shush, you!" I mumble unintelligently. 

"Soo, about tomorrow..." He trails off, waiting for an answer and it is so hard to say no. Declining someone, or disappointing someone, was always hard for me, which in turn always put me in trouble and very awkward situations.

"Lilli-, Violet, I have been waiting for my newspaper and coffee," Alvin comes out of his office in my search. When he sees me standing there with Chris, he uses my real name. 

"Yes, Mr.Grace. I'll just be there in a minute," I say smiling at him. He doesn't return my smile, instead looks at me sharply. I could get the message loud and clear.

"I'll see you later Chris," I excuse politely so he would leave me alone now, but he gives doesn't move at all, looking at me expectantly. Everyone knew Alvin was a cool boss, but it doesn't mean that we take advantage of that, right?

"Ok, I'll go with you tomorrow, now go do your work," I whisper through my teeth hurriedly, so that Alvin won't hear me. He was still standing there waiting for me to finish my business with Chris.