19- A good boss shouldn't keep secrets

It's been a week or so since that fateful day in the mall. Ok, I was being a bit dramatic and stuff but Khloe and Alvin seemed to be a lot closer and attached or maybe it was just Lilly's and my imagination.

Whatever it was tomorrow was mine and Alvin's day off.  It was the weekend and our birthdays. I have planned something for him. though I had promised this time I wouldn't do anything but I was like always lying with a straight face and fingers crossed.

Initially, I planned to celebrate our birthdays on the weekend but it wouldn't be any surprise right, so the surprise party is today at his apartment.

On Friday we usually don't have much to do and it was perfect for me. This allows me to help out in the plan without missing out on my work and without Alvin noticing me.

But before I start doing anything, I am just going to take a peek at him and then go back to my planning if his head was deep inside his files.

"Alvin- sir, do you-" I corrected myself and stopped, without finishing as he seemed busy on his phone whispering in a low voice. Even if I tried hard I couldn't hear him, he was talking so low.

So, I just raise my voice instead to gain his attention. "SIR!"

"What, what happened?" he jumps startled. The phone slips from his hands and he juggles it, behaving oddly suspiciously.

"Did I interrupt something?" I asked scrutinizing him and he avoided any eye contact.

"No, it's fine. I am all right. I have something to see to, so you can just finish your work if any and then we can go home later," he says in a rush and opens a random file.

 "Alright," I say slowing, closing the door, and going back to my desk. I had other things to think about right now.

Though Alvin said he was somewhat busy, I wasn't going to take any risk.

I keep my watch on him, looking at him every 15 minutes so he doesn't sneak up on me.

"Did you talk to Dylan? He understood the assignment right?" I send a quick text to Lilly my partner in crime.

"Yes, he is on board. He even called a few of his friends for us," Lilly is fast to text back. She was arranging the decorations and stuff. it wasn't much but she was in charge of the snacks, drinks, and stuff.

"Where is Alvin?" is a text I get from Dylan.

"He is still in his office, are you done?" I text back and look up to see him still working on his laptop.

I was finally appreciating the glass walls today of all days.

"yeah, all done, we are just leaving now,"

"OK good. we will be there in a few." I write back.

"Cool. Can't wait." is all he says. All done I can be at peace for now.

Breathing a sigh of relief, I look up from my phone only to shriek and move back in shock at the sudden closeness.

I came face to face with Alvin leaning down on my desk. "Shit. You scared me," I accuse him my hand on my heart.

My phone slips and falls at the table, as he closes the distance a bit. Now his face hovering inches away from mine in curiosity.

"What?" I asked stuttering.

"You are behaving oddly suspiciously right now," he comments squinting his eyes.

"Me? I am? I thought you were the one behaving oddly suspiciously today," I say raising my eyebrows at him and he stands up straight clearing his throat.