8- A good secretary never shares her true feelings

Saturday night I spent with Alvin at his apartment both of us watching "Erkenci Kuş' on YouTube.

 It is a Turkish drama, so we watched it with subtitles on and so far I loved all the characters from the show.

I was hooked, we both were and because of that, I didn't even think twice about why Alvin was not feeling sick anymore. He was being his normal healthy self. No cold whatsoever. As I never bothered with second-guessing anything, I let it be. If he was healthy then that was all the assurance I needed to leave him alone.

We spent a good part of our night binge-watching without a brake and later on fell asleep on the couch being too lazy to get up. 

 Come dawn, first thing in the morning Dylan came in unannounced. 

"Yo Alvin, how was your sleep man? Now, that Violet missed her date yesterday you must have slept pretty-," Dylan chirped happily without noticing my presence. 

Hearing that, I sat up straight from my dead person's position or posture. Whatever floats your boat.

"Dude!" Alvin's eyes go wide as he looks at his friend and then back at me.

"Woo..oooaah......" Dylan jumped back, breathing harshly a hand on his chest. "...the fuck," he gasps shocked, taking several steps back, almost knocking over the vase. To him, only the back of Alvin's head was visible when he had entered, not me.

"What about my date?" I asked, patting down my messy bed/couch hair.

"What were you doing there?  You scared me!" Dylan accuses with a hand on his heart.

"It's not my fault that you are blind and a scaredy-cat," I chuckle lightly. But his words come to me and I turn my head to stare at Alvin who was already fidgeting, messing with his hair, the tell-tale sign of a lier.

"You were not sick, were you?" It was my turn to accuse the culprit.

"I... I was- I just... No," he says hanging his head in shame. As if he was embarrassed. He is ashamed of being caught, that is all.

"You know how worried I get when you are sick and you used that to your advantage, didn't you? I would have skipped the date if you would have just said so or given me a valid reason for it," I whisper the last part, dramatically.

"Lilliput I-"

"No, I am going home now. Don't cover up your sick lie with more lies." I huff getting up and collecting my things. I wasn't angry, just irritated, and did you see the wordplay I just did there? I was laughing on the inside. I was just messing with him.

Before any of them could come up with anything else to save their asses, I was out of the door. I didn't care about missing my date but Alvin lying about his health to prevent it, did not sit well with me is all. What if next time I don't take him seriously when he is seriously lying sick somewhere?

Tired from the lack of sleep, I took a cab back to my house. As soon as I reached, I took a shower, put my phone on charge, and slept off, pulling the blinds on my window.

I woke up in the evening and saw exactly 3 missed calls from Alvin. It's a good thing I was asleep, if not I would have picked up on the third call itself. I would have and he knew that. If I didn't pick up he would know that I would be sleeping. It is one of our things.

I slept again after having my dinner.

Monday morning came and I got ready for my work. As I descended the stairs I heard male voices, more than the usual number. There was an extra rough baritone voice that belonged to my jerk of a best friend. What is he doing here?