29- a good secretary should remain calm

The working day had almost ended but Alvin was still trying to please me, because of his lie. He was being extra nice, talking as softly as he could with his stony voice and he even promised to give me his credit card for a month. He was bribing me.

I laughed at that and everything was forgotten. It was not like I was going to do anything with his card. I only buy some food or snacks and stock my kitchen. Even if he didn't give it willingly I could have taken it.

"I am leaving now, do you need anything before I leave?" I asked peeking through the door.

"Wait! Where are you going?", he asked getting up from the chair, already halfway.

"I have some other personal work." I gave an excuse because I was not going to tell him the real reason.

"personal reason? Personal, that you can not tell me?" he asked his face masked, but I knew he was a bit hurt.

"Yes," I said, not looking at his face or I would change my mind.

"I don't feel comfortable you going alone anywhere yet," he confessed uneasily. I understood that.

"I am going with Chris-," and he almost jumped on me.

"WHAT?"

"- and the rest of the team." I continued without letting his outburst affect me.

He was still angry though, more like jealous.

"Can I tag along?" he asked hopefully and I had to pinch my lips together. I was going to disappoint him by saying no.

I shook my head in response declining his request and his shoulder sagged.

"Is it a punishment?" he asked his voice grave.

"No!" I didn't want to tell him the truth yet. I had planned to do something for him for a long time now and I couldn't let him on it yet.

"But, I promise I'll be safe and be back before 9. I'll meet you back home," I said softly, wrapping my arms around him in a quick hug but he had different plans.

"Don't go!" he whined kissing my neck, and I shuddered. He played dirty.

"I start missing you the moment you turn away. " he whispered and continued breathing into my ear "The only relief I get is by knowing that you love me and I can see you anytime."

"You want my heart to explode!" I confessed softly my heart beating fast.

"That, I don't want baby, I just want you to stay with me and not go out with a guy who kisses you," he mumbled jealously.

"Oooo, so that's what you are worried about?" I accused, putting distance between us and glaring at him playfully.

"Only a bit!" he confessed and gave a quick kiss.

"Go you little minx and come back soon or'll come looking for you," he warned playfully.

I nodded and ran off. I was not going with the team. Just two others who were going to help me get my first tattoo.

I know I was being impulsive. But I always planned on getting one and it was my way of showing how much I believed in me and Alvin.

Even i there was nothing between us, I would have gotten the tattoo eventually.

Things between Chris and me were a bit awkward at first and then we sorted out things. I told him I was dating someone and he apologized for the accident kiss again.

My stomach was in knots and I was nervous. Even my brothers didn't know about this or else they would have tagged along.

So I won't go into all the details of my getting the tattoo and the first experience. I was skittish and always avoided painful things so it took more than 2 hours for a simple design and to top that my brothers were calling non-stop.