trial & jury

We were all sitting in a large waiting room outside of Jeanine's private laboratory. Max, Marcus, and Jeanine were sitting on a large couch, Eric looming behind them as everyone was brought in one at a time. Basically, we would be injected with a serum similar to the one from the fear simulator that would allow them to see what we're thinking, and what memories come up when being asked a question. Some things were just too painful to say out loud.

Hurley went first so he could get back to work, it was nice to see his face again. June went after him and then Ezekiel, so he could escort his sister home.

Next was Four. I had apologized to him a million times for making him come into contact with his father again but, each time he told me I was being silly. He insisted that he was more than happy to help put at least one monster behind bars.

Even if it wasn't his own.

Of course, I was last.

Eric bolted over to me as soon as I entered the room, giving my hands a comforting squeeze. He whispered words of encouragement to me as the Erudite scientists hooked me up to a large machine and finally, injected me with the serum. It was the opposite of a euphoric feeling. I couldn't move or speak in that same sense of shock, but, it was not amazement that was riddling my mind.

THIRD PERSON POV

"Willow, if you can hear me, think of what you had for breakfast this morning" Jeanine spoke calmly and clearly.

Eyes turned to the right side of the room, glancing at a large monitor that was purely static up until Jeanine asked her question. A clip of Willow snatching a cup of coffee from Eric's hand appeared on screen, causing Max to snicker in amusement. He always had a feeling about them.

"Very good. Now, although this may be hard for you I want you to understand we are all here to support you and help bring you the sense of justice you deserve" she paused to clear her throat. "Show me the first memory you have of your father."

The screen played from her point of view. She couldn't have been much bigger than a typical five or six-year-old. She was sitting in Parker's lap, learning how to make a flower crown out of daisies and long shards of grass. Her father stumbled into the room he had been drinking and was not in a good mood.

"Parker, quit doing that sissy shit. Leave the flowers to your mother and sister" he spat.

Eight-year-old Parker carefully sat Willow down on the floor and stood up, walking to the woven trash bin to discard the crown. Parker never had the energy to fight back.

"No" Willow yelled, her voice slightly mumbled from the pacifier, as she chased after him.

"Willow stop" Parker whispered, not wanting to become the target of their father's rage.

"Give back!" she spat the pacifier out, flailing her arms around.

"Enough of this shit" Cedar hissed, ripping Willow from her brother's hands hard enough to give her whiplash. He shoved her pacifier back in her mouth, causing her to gag around it from the amount of force he used, and march out of the room with her despite Parker's pleas.

Jeanine swallowed her disgust and glanced down at the piece of paper in front of her, trying to remain calm. The men in the room were clearly disturbed by Cedar's behavior as well.

"Alright, now it is my understanding that sometimes your father would force you and your brothers to partake in devious sexual acts. If that is true, I want you to think of one of the earliest memories you can regarding this situation" she said softly.

An image of a Willow, sitting in front of a mirror as her mother brushed her wavy hair appeared on the screen. She was wearing nothing more than a yellow robe with her undergarments underneath. Her mother began braiding her hair back, placing a yellow flower in her ear before kneeling in front of her.

"You are so beautiful, these men are lucky to have you" her mother smiled, gently rubbing her daughter's arm.

"Thank you, mommy" Willow whispered. "Am I ever going to be able to be with people that aren't my brothers?"

"One day, sweetheart, your father will find someone he believes is worthy of you. And you will carry on our beliefs and traditions" her mom responded.

Willow's eyes became teary at the realization of what she meant and in her head that day, she vowed to not let her children become victim to the same demons she had been fighting since she could talk. Her father appeared at the door and silently escorted her to Sirius's bedroom.

"Today you become a man, my son. Happy fourteenth birthday" Cedar said, giving his second eldest a firm handshake. He deemed fourteen the perfect age for his sons to lose their virginity, to fully become a man. Finch turned fourteen last year. This day was Sirius's fourteenth birthday, and in two years, she'd repeat the same ritual with Parker. Except when it was Parker's turn, their father stayed in the room with them, knowing he had a soft spot for the girl and would most likely spare her if given the chance.

Jeanine couldn't bear to ask more questions, nor could she let Eric watch the rest of this scene. He was red with anger and there was sweat dripping down the side of his face. "That's enough, I think we're all in agreeance with the outcome. Get her down from there" Jeanine ordered.

As the group of faction leaders stood up from their seats, alarms started blaring and Willow's body started shaking uncontrollably.

"What's happening?" Jeanine asked her lab technicians.

"The system is overheating" one responded, most of them running to unhook Willow from the monitor system and get her to the cold floor, laying her on her side as her body seized.

"What did you do to her?" Eric's voice cracked as he ran to her side.

"She's having a seizure caused by the overflow of unpleasant memories" Jeanine informed, kneeling beside her.

Willow's eyes shot open, but, they were bloodshot and she appeared to be unable to blink. Her body continued to seize but her mouth opened as if she were trying to speak.

"What is happening?" Eric yelled out of pure frustration and worry.

"If we don't act now, she's going to become severely ill due to the lack of oxygen to her brain. We have to induce her" Jeanine stated, moving back to allow the crew to work.

"Induce her?" Max asked.

"Into a coma, it's the only way to let her brain safely cool down," Jeanine said, giving them a look of sympathy.