dauntless

WILLOW'S POV

"Today's the day Willow" a raspy voice said from beside me, my head turning to the side as I instantly recognized the voice. "You look handsome" I complimented, watching as he played with his curly locks which were neatly pulled back into a low bun. "Thank you. How are you feeling? Excited to finally be leaving?" Hurley asked, adjusting the cufflinks of his blue suit jacket. "Keep your voice down idiot, her family has no clue and it has to stay that way" another male voice chimed in, walking over with a bubbly brunette at his side. Ezekiel and Juniper Brown.

Hurley was one of my closest friends. He turned twenty-four a few days ago, making it six years since he left Amity and went to Erudite. Ezekiel left two years after him, heading to Dauntless which was the faction he had always dreamed of being in. They both made as many trips to Amity as they possibly could, knowing my situation with my family and wanting to help as much as they could. Juniper is Ezekiel's younger sister, she had turned nineteen a month ago which made her a year older than me. She wanted to stay in Amity, she truly loved the farm life and the atmosphere from everyone living there. The three of them always told me to report the continuous abuse but I would be killed instantly. My father was important in the council and besides, it was five against one. My brothers and mother would side with my father, my friends' statements didn't matter in the case.

"If everyone could return to their faction section, we will be starting the ceremony now" a female's voice called out, everyone immediately following her orders. Jeanine Matthews.

She was the faction leader of Erudite and on the few trips she made out to Amity, she always made sure to show her fondness of me over my other siblings. Something that pissed them off and made my older brothers angry enough to take it out on me.

My only savior in that family was Parker. He is twenty years old and the youngest of the boys, he was sickened by everything that happened to me and often tried to rebel, go against our father's orders. When he did, he was beaten. I couldn't stand to let that happen so I often told him it was alright and to just do what our sick father wanted. See, father believed that women were only put on this earth for a man's pleasure, especially when those women were siblings. In his mind, being related already made them property shared by all other men in the family. They were not free, they were owned. Our mother was a bit of an airhead, being manipulated and consumed into her husband's beliefs. Finch was the oldest, he didn't see a problem with that because he had been being manipulated by our father the longest. Sirus was the second oldest, he enjoyed that abuse more than the sexual pleasure of it all and in that way, he was much like my father. Parker didn't agree with their beliefs but he was scared of what the other men in the family would do to him if he spoke out or left. Our sadistic father often watched, making sure that Parker went through with the actions against me. He was gentle with me, only becoming rougher when he was ready to finish and to appease father.

He snuck to my room most nights and tried to take care of me, help me get better.

He really was too pure for our disgusting family.

"Willow Caldwell"

I slowly rose to my feet as Jeanine called out my name, feeling all eyes on me. The fabric of my jeans rubbed against a bruise on my lower stomach, causing me to bite my lip to keep from letting out a small noise of pain. Clothes that were meant to conceal me from the outside world, forbidding their eyes from seeing any stray marks along my tanned skin and lashes that may draw suspicion.