capture the flag

I was still in shock that Edward and Myra were gone. Rather than leave her loving boyfriend, Myra opted to be factionless to stay with him. Under different circumstances their dedication to each other would be extremely romantic but, I felt horrible for both of them. Yesterday's events were truly tragic.

It was almost 1 AM and I was exhausted, I didn't get much sleep after what I had witnessed. But now, Four and Eric were hauling us onto the train for some late-night event they apparently did every year with initiates. I was off to the side with Christina, Al, and Will. Tris was still unconscious after her fight with Peter, she got beaten pretty badly.

My arm was wrapped around Al's bicep, gently running my fingers over his bulky arm as I tried to comfort him. He's been in his head all day about his ranking, he was still in danger of being cut. I was worried about him, we all were.

Peter moved from second to first.

Uriah went from third to second.

Will went from twelfth to thirteenth.

Molly went from eleventh to tenth.

Christina went from seventeenth to fifteenth.

I went from tenth to seventh.

Al went from twenty-first to twenty-second.

Tris went from eighteenth to sixteenth.

I was so busy comforting Al that I didn't notice Tris's grand entrance until she had come over to ask what was wrong.

"Oh my goodness, you're here!" I exclaimed, pulling her into my arms as I bounced up and down excitedly. I was attracting attention to myself but frankly, I didn't care. I was happy that my friend was here. A weight lifted off of my shoulders as I examined her body for any signs of weakness or soreness. She seemed to be in much better condition.

"Who let you out?" a hoarse voice interrupted. It was obvious he had just woken up and the scratchiness of his voice sent a wave of chills down my body. It was so attractive.

"I did" Tris stated, her voice cracking.

Eric shifted his gaze to Tris, looking at her in disbelief.  "You did?" he repeated, finding her answer somewhat amusing. Our eyes met once again, daring the other to look away. I held my ground, not moving a muscle until I saw his pupils begin to dilate.

"Okay," he gave in.

Once he walked away, we all simultaneously let out a sigh of relief. "Interesting" Christina grinned, wrapping her arm around Tris's waist as the train wobbled a bit.

"What?" I asked, feeling Al's large hand rest on the small of my back.

"Are we going to pretend that didn't happen?" Will chimed in.

"Pretend what didn't happen?" I repeated.

"We are. Anyway, how are you feeling Tris?" Christina asked, helping our blonde-haired friend into a seat.

"I'll be fine. I'm just happy my ranking didn't go down" she shrugged, tying her hair back into a low ponytail. I nodded my head in agreement, playing with the material that made up the jacket I wore.

 I nodded my head in agreement, playing with the material that made up the jacket I wore