Three

Natasha stayed with you for the rest of the day, nursing you back to health as she called it. "You are no longer allowed to be in any cahoots with Bucky," she says.

You nod and she gives you a big hug. "I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow," she kisses your cheek before leaving.

You lay in your bed and stare at the celling. Thought run through your head on how you're gonna end things with Bucky. Well, Natasha said she's gonna set you and Steve up, so maybe you'll use that as an excuse to end things with Bucky.

The sound of your door opening catches your attention. Bucky walks in and shuts it. He looks at you with a smile, but it evanescences when he sees your tear stained face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks as he kneels in front of your bed. You sit up and let your legs drape over the end of your bed. You shake your head and Bucky puts his hands on your knees. "Y/n, what's wrong?" He asks.

"I'm just not feeling good," you say. Bucky frowns. He sits next to you and wraps his arms around you. The action caught you off guard, but you let him coddle you.

"C'mere," he says as he lays down on your bed and pulls you with him. You wrap your arms around his waist and he gently plays with your hair.

☽☽☽☽☽☽

The next day, you wake up still in Bucky's arms. He's still asleep and this time, you decide to be the one that leaves first.

You walk into the kitchen and see Nat. "Hey babe, how you feeling this morning?" She asks.

"Alright," you say.

Sam walks in from the direction you came from. "Hey y/n, why did I just see Bucky walk outta your room?" He asks.

Your eyes widen and you slowly look over at Nat. She's fuming. "Y/n!" She shouts. You shake your head. "Nothing happened Natasha I swear. He came to my room last night, but we didn't do anything because I couldn't stop crying. So he just cuddled me. I swear nothing happened," you say.

"What the fuck is going on?" Sam asks.

"Y/n has been screwing Bucky," Nat says.

"And why is that such a bad thing?" Sam asks.

"Y/n," Nat says, waiting for you to answer the question. You glance around and make sure no one else is around before whispering, very quietly, "because I'm in love with him."

Sam's eyes widen. "Oh shit," he says. You nod and look at Natasha. "Steve said he's gonna ask you out," she says.

You nod before swallowing your tears and walking to your room. You see Steve and Bucky talking. Bucky nods and smiles and Steve keeps talking. Bucky says something and Steve says something else.

Then Bucky almost shouts. "Yea you should go do that right now," before running his fingers through his hair as he walks away. Steve turns to walk in your direction, so you pretend you just started walking in his direction.

"Y/n, hey," Steve awkwardly approaches you.

"Hey," you say and continue walking.

"Wait," Steve catches up to you and stops you before you walk into your room.

"Do you wanna go out on a date with me?" He asks.

"Umm... sure Steve. I'd love to," you say. Steve let's out a sigh of relief. "Does tonight work?" He asks.

"Yea, tonight is perfect," you say.

"I'll come by your room at six," Steve says. You smile and nod. "See you then," you say before going in your room. You close the door and let out a sigh.