Ten

"I— I should take a shower," you say and walk to the bathroom. Bucky follows you and stops you before you can get in the bathroom. "Y/n please don't push this aside like it's nothing," Bucky says.

"I do love you Bucky. I really do, but I'm with Steve now. He loves me and I love him," you say.

"Do you? Do you really love him? Or do you just say that you do? If you truly loved him, you wouldn't still be in love with me," he says.

"Maybe my feelings for you are starting to disappear," you say.

"Are they?"

"No. They aren't, but they will soon," you say.

"It doesn't work like that. Feelings don't just leave like they're nothing."

"No, maybe not, but my feelings for you are nothing."

"You were gonna let me kiss you," Bucky says.

"What?" You ask as you stare at him in shock.

"Earlier tonight, at the gala, you didn't try to push me away. You would've let me kiss you. You might have even let it lead to something that would leave us naked in the morning. And not only would you have let me kiss you, you wanted me to kiss you. You can deny it all you want, but I know you wanted it. I saw it in your eyes. I still see it now. Steve may be your boyfriend, but I'm your lover. And we both know no matter how hard you try, you can't get me out of your head. You want me. You want your body pressed against mine. You want my love. I'll give it to you, all you have to do is break up with Steve."

Every part of you was screaming at you to kiss him. To let him in, even though he hurt you so bad. He's right, you want him. But you can't have him, and he needs to know that. No matter how tempting it is to look at the car crash, you need to keep your eyes on the road.

"I'm not breaking up with Steve, Bucky. I'm sorry, but I really do love him."

"Open your eyes doll! You told me you can't choose who you love. That it just happens. No matter how hard you try, you can't pretend to be in love with Steve." Bucky closes his fist in anger.

"Who said I was pretending?" You ask. Bucky's face softens. Hurt crosses his face and overcomes his expression. Even if he tried with all his might, he couldn't erase the damage your words just did to him.

So, he moves out of the way and lets you go in the bathroom. And that night, he slept on the couch instead of in the bed with you. The next morning, he packed his things and waited for you to pack yours. And the fly home, was silent.

You had finally gotten what you wanted. Bucky was ignoring you. But was it really what you wanted?

A/n: sorry this chapter is so short. The next one should be longer. Love you all <3