Nine

A/n: pre read this while listening to Don't Blame Me. It's a different experience.

"No. Last time we split up, you ended up shot," Bucky says.

"I'll be fine this time," you say.

"Just pick the god damn lock," he says. You mumble some insults as you pull the bobby pin from your hair and squat down. "Get your gun out," Bucky says.

"I can't pick a lock and get my gun out at the same time," you say. Bucky rolls his eyes. "Well, you need to have it ready," he says.

"Bitch," you mumble.

"Brat," he mumbles.

"If you want me to have my gun ready, just grab it," you say.

"It's strapped to your thigh," Bucky says. You look at him with wide eyes. "Well no shit," you say. He rolls his eyes. "C'mon buck, it's nothing you haven't seen before. You've literally had your head between my thighs before."

Bucky clears his throat nervously as he pushes your dress up. You keep your breathing even and focus on picking the lock. His fingers brush against your thigh and slide higher up to where your gun sits. Quickly, he grabs your gun and removes his hand from under your dress.

You hear the click of success and open the door. Bucky hands you your gun before grabbing his own.

The two of you enter the room and look around it. Bucky walks in front of you, but looks back every now and then to make sure you didn't run off.

Something breaks in the other room causing Bucky to stop walking. He looks back at you and singles you to follow him. You roll your eyes.

In the other room, your target is talking on the phone. He makes eye contact with Bucky, while Bucky keeps you out of the room so the target doesn't see you yet.

"I'll have to call you back," he says and hangs up. "I was wondering when one of the avengers would show up. It'll be pretty easy to get away, all I have to do is beat you up. Or maybe, I'll hurt that girl you brought with you."

Bucky's jaw tightens and his grip on his gun gets stronger. "Oh, I see I hit a nerve," he chuckles.

"Shall I tell one of my men downstairs to bring her up?" He asks having no idea your right outside of the room.

Bucky raises his gun up at him. He chuckle and raises his hands up. "Don't shoot," he says.

You look at Bucky's foot and see him tapping it. He keeps tapping it and your face twist with confusion until you realize he's speaking Morse Code.

--. --- / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - .... . / -... .- -.-. -.- (go around the back)

You quietly walk around the room until your by the other door on the other side. Bucky makes eye contact with you for a split second when your target isn't looking. He starts tapping his foot again.

- .- -.- . / - .... . / ... .... --- - (take the shot)

You point your gun at your targets leg and shoot it. He cries in pain as he falls over. Bucky pulls the hand cuff out of his inside jacket pocket and cuffs his hands behind his back.

A few shield agents walk in and take him into their custody. "Thank you Bucky and y/n," they says. You both nod and smile.

"We should head back to the hotel," Bucky says. You nod and follow him. He stops before leaving the room and turns around to face you. "What?" You ask.

He takes your gun from your hand, pulls your dress up and sticks it back in the holster. "Let's go," he says and takes your hand in his.

☽☽☽☽☽☽

You're in the elevator in your hotel. Both you and Bucky are completely silent. He looks at you, but you keep your gaze on the doors. "Y/n, earlier when I was about to kiss you—"

"It's okay Bucky. You didn't know what you were doing. I understand if you regret it," you say.

"That's not what I was gonna say. I don't regret it. If you hadn't spotted our target, I would've kissed you. And I wouldn't regret it."

"You know what it's like to get cheated on Bucky. You know that pain. It's a different kind of pain. Do you really want to put Steve through that? Cause I don't," you say and the elevator doors open.

You walk to your hotel room and unlock it. Bucky follows you inside. "So don't cheat on Steve. Break up with him," Bucky says. You laugh.

"No Bucky. I'm not gonna break up with him because you tell me to," you say. Bucky let's out a sigh as he looks out the window.

"You know how I feel about you and I think you're using that to your advantage," you say.

"You see cause that's the thing," Bucky says as he looks over at you. "I don't know how you feel about me. One moment you love me, the next you hate me. I'm confused y/n. You went from telling me you love me, to telling it to my best friend! Which is it? Who do you fucking love y/n!? Cause I don't know anymore."

"I don't know what you feel for me either Bucky! You hate me, and then you try to kiss me! And you get mad when someone threatens my life. What's going on with you?"

"I never fucking hated you y/n! I thought you hated me so I pretended to hate you! I thought that was what you wanted!"

"You don't hate me? You don't love me? You don't like me? What is it then?"

"You're wrong y/n. I love you," he says.

You stare at him in shock. He walks over to you until he's in front of you. "I love you y/n," he repeats.